SiouxSports.com Forum

Did INCH Get it Wrong Again?

Cratter

It's just poorly worded, he correctly identifies the situation and points out a fascinating trend later in the article:

History buffs will note that while winning the MacNaughton Cup may seem like a curse, splitting it has historically been somewhat of a blessing.

In 1957-58, the last season that the league was known as the Western Intercollegiate Hockey League, Denver and North Dakota tied for the league title, then played the tie-breaker for the NCAA crown, with the Pioneers prevailing 6-2 at Williams Arena in Minneapolis. The 1996-97 campaign ended with North Dakota and Minnesota deadlocked atop the league standings, but the Sioux won the playoff title, beating the Gophers in overtime. A few weeks later, North Dakota

If that is the case I hope it is CC because I wouldn't want to see the Treasure Troll Gzowdecky hoist another trophy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah then one of their 20 fans might show up here and do a 7 > 7 routine. Or rub B2B titles in our faces incessantly. :D

Yeah then one of their 20 fans might show up here and do a 7 > 7 routine. Or rub B2B titles in our faces incessantly. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gee I hadn't thougt of that. Oh well if you info is correct success must be paying off for them as I only counted about 15 or 16 Pie fans at last years Sioux games in Denver.