SiouxSports.com Forum

Dome Hockey...

TinyTimmay

Went down to the cities this last weekend for the State tourney and fell back in love with playing Dome hockey or Bubble hockey. I used to play it all the time as a kid, but since there really aren't to many places in the FM area, or any for that matter that I know of that have it, I sort of forgot about it. We drove over to St. CLoud on friday after the MHD vs DE game to stay at a friends place, and the next morning we went to this great hockey bar and grill in Sartell, north of St. CLoud. Well there they had this SuperChexx dome hockey table and we probably played 20 games or so on it. The thing even recorded shots on net, how sweet is that. I looked on Ebay and some other various sites and found that that particular brand goes for about $2,500-3,000 new. I'd love to get my hands on a used, but taken care of model that is similar in quality, but not nearly as expensive. I'd like to be able to put a little work into it as well, like making a custom ice surface, with a Sioux logo at center, and painting new jerseys on the players. Sioux home whites & Goofer roadies or something like that. And I could even detail it to the point of particular position and a Sioux great with their name and number. Could be alot of fun. If anyone knows where I can land one or knows someone that knows someone in regards to this, let me know. Go Sioux!!!

your not going to find many under the price you mentioned. when i was back at the ralph last october they had a custom made bubble hockey machine with 1 side being the sioux and the other team being the gophers..i wanted it but really had no way of getting it on the plane with me :lol: anyways it was 2500$ or so. there are some up in the suite level at the ralph, makes the intermissions fun... the one in the ralph pro shop must have sold because it was not there when i was back in january...will be getting 1 in the very near future hopefully and will get the players customized like the one i saw...great game...hard to find though...

your not going to find many under the price you mentioned. when i was back at the ralph last october they had a custom made bubble hockey machine with 1 side being the sioux and the other team being the gophers..i wanted it but really had no way of getting it on the plane with me :D  anyways it was 2500$ or so. there are some up in the suite level at the ralph, makes the intermissions fun... the one in the ralph pro shop must have sold because it was not there when i was back in january...will be getting 1 in the very near future hopefully and will get the players customized like the one i saw...great game...hard to find though...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would give the Siouxshop a call, someone told me that they are selling both the Sioux/Gopher games, and the World Jr SuperChexx Bubble Hockey games......i also heard the price was around $2,500...which seems good if you live in the Grand Forks area and don't have to pay for any shipping charges.

They have about 5 games spread through the main concourse of the REA, at least they did the weekend of the ND hockey tourney. They are probably the same ones they had over at the Betty during the WJ's. I think it is cool to be able to play a game or two between periods.