SiouxSports.com Forum

FSN North to televise ALL Final 5 games

iceberg

Saw this over at StarTribune

FSN has agreed to a deal with the WCHA and CCHA that plans to have the games from both conference tournaments March 18 and 19 run at different times, enabling FSN affiliates to carry as many games as possible. FSN North will air every game from the WCHA Final Five. Historically the Friday afternoon semifinal has not been televised.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/503/5234393.html

Woo Hoo...so if either the Sioux or the Bulldogs make it to the final 5, we won't have to worry about whether or not their game will be shown :lol:

What about ESPN's new college channel?  They claim they are airing hockey in March.

Doesn't ESPN technically own the rights to the NCAA's and sells the regionals to other networks like FSN?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, ESPN regional produces the games, that's why I'm nervous about them being on ESPN U, I wonder how quickly distribution of that channel will happen.

Yes, ESPN regional produces the games, that's why I'm nervous about them being on ESPN U, I wonder how quickly distribution of that channel will happen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm guessing/hoping it'll be on the Sportpack for DirecTV. They seem to have everything else on there.

Saw this over at StarTribune

http://www.startribune.com/stories/503/5234393.html

Woo Hoo...so if either the Sioux or the Bulldogs make it to the final 5, we won't have to worry about whether or not their game will be shown :0

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does this mean that if UMD has to play in yet another 3rd place game that that would be on TV also? I will be going to the F5, but I like to record the games also so I can watch the replays they wouldn't show in the building.