SiouxSports.com Forum

Youth Hockey in ND

Sal From Cando

This state is progressively falling further and further back in the race for recruits. I believe we arent giving our youth players enough exposure and attention to. I think we need to cut off this junior b.s. Our high school and junior gold clubs are losing far too many players to hellholes like Dubuque, Lincoln, or the losers down in F-M. How did hockey get big and Minnesota and not ND. I'll tell you how attention, hard work, and no basketball. Lets get some HS and youth related topics on here and build our love up. Signing off from Cando Sal.

This state is progressively falling further and further back in the race for recruits.  I believe we arent giving our youth players enough exposure and attention to.  I think we need to cut off this junior b.s. Our high school and junior gold clubs are losing far too many players to hellholes like Dubuque, Lincoln, or the losers down in F-M.  How did hockey get big and Minnesota and not ND. I'll tell you how attention, hard work, and no basketball.  Lets get some HS and youth related topics on here and build our love up.  Signing off from Cando Sal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is this THE Sal from Cando? :D:D

This state is progressively falling further and further back in the race for recruits.  I believe we arent giving our youth players enough exposure and attention to.  I think we need to cut off this junior b.s. Our high school and junior gold clubs are losing far too many players to hellholes like Dubuque, Lincoln, or the losers down in F-M.  How did hockey get big and Minnesota and not ND. I'll tell you how attention, hard work, and no basketball.  Lets get some HS and youth related topics on here and build our love up.  Signing off from Cando Sal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Respectfully speaking, I have no qualms about getting quality ND recruits. Andy Schneider, Phil L, Nick Fuher, James Massen, QUinn Fylling, Peter Armbrust, the Panzers, and the list go on. We do recruit a sizeable number of ND recruits, but we also want the best recruits out there. We aren't the Woogian Minnesota teams in tht we have to have only ND natives on our team. They may be hell holes as you call them, but they have quality programs that temper the youth at that age level.

The GF Blues and such teams, to my knowledge, have a younger set of kids, don't they? As for the F-M Jets, they are NAHL and generally it's not too often we recruit in that league anyways.

As for starting up High School and youth hockey threads, I respectfully ask you to take that to the UND Community portion of this message board. This part, the one labelled hockey is related to the University of North Dakota's hockey team and future recruits. There are high school related threads here, but they are just logging the progress of UND recruits already signed.

And as for Minnesota, I find nothing wrong with recruiting there as long as we do give the ND players their fair look.

I'm new here I find out about the site from my a buddy of mine, whose health is ailing.  Sorry for any inconveniences brother.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This buddy of yours: Did he just happen to have in been in Duluth and had the crap beaten out of him? :D By an unnamed table craftsman? :D

hellholes like Dubuque, Lincoln, or the losers down in F-M.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a feeling the following list of players would disagree with your assessment of Lincoln as a "hellhole". :D

Robbie Bina

Brandon Bochenski

Jake Brandt

Nick Fuher

Adrian Hasbargen

Phillipe Lamoureux

Brian Lundbohm

Lee Marvin

Chad Mazurak

Chris Porter

Andy Schneider

Let alone Steve Johnson, Chad Johnson and Mark Pivetz.

Before you call my hometown a "hellhole", you might want to visit it first, or even take in a hockey game in our arena that continually leads the USHL in attendance.

I have a feeling the following list of players would disagree with your assessment of Lincoln as a "hellhole". :D

Robbie Bina

Brandon Bochenski

Jake Brandt

Nick Fuher

Adrian Hasbargen

Phillipe Lamoureux

Brian Lundbohm

Lee Marvin

Chad Mazurak

Chris Porter

Andy Schneider

Before you call my hometown a "hellhole", you might want to visit it first, or even take in a hockey game in our arena that continually leads the USHL in attendance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

do you have a coupon book??? :D

Robbie Bina

Brandon Bochenski

Jake Brandt

Nick Fuher

Adrian Hasbargen

Phillipe Lamoureux

Brian Lundbohm

Lee Marvin

Chad Mazurak

Chris Porter

Andy Schneider

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ignore this clown. He does not represent the sentiments of Sioux fans. ND players in particular should be thankful for the opportunity to play juniors. Absent that exposure, most of the ND players who are or have played college hockey would not get that opportunity. Junior hockey has opened the door for many ND kids to show that, despite the lack of competition and exposure in ND high school hockey, there are a number of kids that are good enough to play college hockey. Lincoln in particular has been very good for ND players. Besides, Lincoln is a great town. :D

add to these posts that the players from north dakota that do go to juniors, many of them don't face the level of competition that a lot of minnesota kids face, making juniors almost necesary before making the transition to college hockey. I don't think a lot of these kids would have blossomed into the players they have without juniors.

Has Sal ever noticed the Lincoln Stars logo on the back of Lammy's helmet? It seems curious that such a "hellhole" would be honored in that way if it were not near and dear to a player's heart and played a great role in his development. Many of those former Lincoln players listed in a previous post continually return to that "hellhole" down South every year just to visit because of fond memories, good friends and fans, and the enjoyable time they themselves had living and developing their skills there.