SiouxSports.com Forum

South Dakota State men

teamsioux

UNO and Sioux Me, give it break. What do you expect these people to admit their university made the wrong choice a year into the process. I know SDSU has been losing to some weak teams and in their defense they don't have much depth. I believe they are also redshirting a few quality players. Give NDSU and SDSU some time to establish themselves in D1 before second guessing them, that is all Jack and Bison fans ask. If in 4 years the jacks team is still losing to Morningside go ahead and second guess them all you want, but I'm sure they would be second guessing themselves for going D1 anyway. And by the way nice wins your teams had last night, maybe you should focus some more time and energy talking about that instead of the futures and attitudes of two teams fans that have no bearing on your collective universities.

UNO and Sioux Me, give it break. What do you expect these people to admit their university made the wrong choice a year into the process. I know SDSU has been losing to some weak teams and in their defense they don't have much depth. I believe they are also redshirting a few quality players. Give NDSU and SDSU some time to establish themselves in D1 before second guessing them, that is all Jack and Bison fans ask. If in 4 years the jacks team is still losing to Morningside go ahead and second guess them all you want, but I'm sure they would be second guessing themselves for going D1 anyway. And by the way nice wins your teams had last night, maybe you should focus some more time and energy talking about that instead of the futures and attitudes of two teams fans that have no bearing on your collective universities.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

GOD FORBID you should ever admit a mistake but you guys DO HAVE the right to challenge why your esteemed president decided to sacrifice EVERY other sport for the sake of competing on a "higher level" to help the FOOTBALL team make a name for itself on a MARGINALLY higher level. di-aa is better than D2 but face it....the BIG BOYS (DI-A) don't care much more about a great di-aa team than a great DII team...ask 20 people on the street who won last years di-aa championship and see what you get. The sad thing is NDSU BB might make the "BIG SHOW" one time in the next 20 years (and probably be one and done) Amy has a better shot in the womens field but, hey, who gives a crap about WBB anyway....Bucky will do okay (probably the best of any NDSU sport in REAL d-one - but I defer to my last arguement, who cares about wrestling!) That's the saddest thing about ndsu's move...they've eliminated the golden ring from almost all of ndsu's athletic programs...very sad in my opinion!

cougar-Their womens teams is playing really well(better then just Ok) and I think they will have no problem with D1, the football team was decent but wasn't anything to amazing. But that has been the definition of SDSU football for forever. The Jacks mens team is their premeir program and should be doing better, NDSU has yet to lose to a team they were supposed to beat and the jacks continualy lose to bad teams. But These teams are young and this will be the worst season for either team.

Sioux Me Now- I never said NDSU was right, all I said was give it some time before you start second guessing them on moving to D1. And I know IAA has a little image problem, but it still gets way more media attention then D2. And is also regarded as a better brand of football by thoses who know. Who cares about womens basketball? I do and so do many other sports fans, as odd as it may seem I think the NDSU women have a bigger die hard fan base then the men do. Womens b-ball is a big deal in Fargo, Brookings, Stors Conn. just like hockey is big in Grand Forks, Minneapolis, and Boston. And you can say the same for wrestling. And you could ask 20 people who won the last D1 hockey title and you'd get the same result. NDSU may not be able to compete for titles in a alot of sports but I am sure they will be competive in alot of sports across the board. With lots of success in womens b-ball, wrestling, softball, and football. Every sport has not been sacrifieced for football as you seem to think.

I am one sioux fan who does believe that the 'SUs can make it. They just need time to make the move and grow. Although it is extremely unlikely every team of theirs will be competative every single year, they will all have their good seasons. Just give them time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Imagine that, another thread where an NDSU fan has to jump in and start defending their move to D1 when their name hadn't even been mentioned in the thread yet. We don't care about NDSU, move on to another message board.

hmmm...sounds familiar :D:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

CoteauRinkRat- I never said you did care, but SiouxMeNow did say "sounds familar"(refering to NDSU) so he obvisouly cared about NDSU and their fans and the move to D1. So I reponded and basically said give NDSU 4 years and if some teams are still struggling rip away. I also said "give it a break", I was actually telling them to stop with the NDSU and D1 nonsense and move on to talk about the two great wins their team had that night(I even complimented UND on their nice win agianst Mankato). My intentions at this board is not to highjack threads into a NDSU/UND battle, if NDSU is brought up I will respond though. So if you guys don't care and don't start any threads about NDSU and D1 then I will have nothing to defend and respond to. I am here to discuss D2, the NCC, and UND because those things are still interesting to me since I have followed them my entire life, I am not here to talk smack and turn threads into NDSU/UND battles.

Does "WE" include SiouxMeNow? :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

GEEZ MAV!!! don't you know by now by job here is to jump in and SNAP BIGTIME whenever a Bison fan posts on this board?? :D HELLO!!! Some people dig ditches for a living (mostly 'SU grads) others have another path...ahhh...zen...I love it! :D

I reponded and basically said give NDSU 4 years and if some teams are still struggling rip away.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay - I'm penciling it in on my calendar...."RIP THE BISON IN '09!!!" done and done :D:D:D Trust me - they will still be "struggling!" Bottom line is - if you want to contribute positively to our board - FINE!! If we knock the Bison - don't fall all over yourself to come to their defense!! IGNORE IT!!! We are just a lowly DII school after all :D Posts "against the party line" aren't allowed on Bisonville.com - so why should we allow them here?;) What goes around comes around...

If you can truely contain yourself until 2009 I will be quite impressed, their will be bumps along the way and I doubt you will be able to IGNORE them alll. You've already slightly ripped NDSU's D1 decision since making this post. So since you can't wait until 2009 to rip NDSU, I will not wait and Ignore knocks against NDSU, I will respond. Also I don't make posts against party line, I just respond to knocks against my school.(sioux fans do it all the time over at Bisonville).

Quit turning every thread that mentions NDSU or SDSU into a "should NDSU be IAA" fight. This is NOT an anti-NDSU site and I'm getting tired of a small few UND fans trying to turn it into such. Discussion of NDSU sports is of interest, as they're a regional team, long-time rival, and recent conference opponent; but the continuous anti-Bison trolling is not welcome and is not protected by this being a board for UND fans.

Those who want to continue to debate ad nauseum the merits of NDSU's division classification should find an NDSU site.