SiouxSports.com Forum

An outsider's perspective of the Sioux this year.

Stack

I have a friend that lives in Buffalo NY that used to attend UND. He told me that he occasionally will get WCHA games in Buffalo and has seen UND about 3 times on TV. I asked him for his view of the team. Here is his comment:

"I can't say I am optimistic. Actually they play like the USA Jr. team. Weak defensively, a bit slower than other teams and can't finish at the other end. I do like Stafford and the goaltending."

When I read this it sort of hit me that yeah he's right. UND seems to have the talent but do not play as a team and defensively look terrible at times. They don't seem to have melded their talent into a true team.

Pesonally I'm optimistic that this Christmas break has helped and they get back to stable lines and playing together. In my mind we'll see right away if they are because to be in the upper echelon of the country they need to sweep Mankato and split in CC. If they can do this I think we may be able to consider ourselves a contender. On with the games!

HMMM, sounds like your friend my have watched some of the exceptions involving either the Goophers, Badgers or BC because I have watched all of the available games and for the most part the defensive part of the game has not been the problem. Unlike past Sioux teams, this team has been challenged with respect to scoring and I think the consenus has been that some of the larger forwards need to start driving to the net.

I'm inclined to forget about our PP unit. We haven't had a decent PP in years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Sioux have been missing someone to run the PP since Roche left. Between Lee, Chorney and hopefully Radke they can get it turned around. :(