SiouxSports.com Forum

WJ Atmosphere - GO USA!

SiouxMeNow

Great atmosphere for the opener against the Russians! The "official" crowd of 9000+ was into it and if you saw the penalty shot - with the crowd roaring when the Russian started skating - then after he scored he put his hand to his ear - MAN! that was just gas on the fire after that!! Cheering for your country is different than just cheering for your team - and it's only going to get better as the tourney rolls along.

I must say that tonight, for the game between Belarus and Switzerland, the crowd was more than i ever would have expected...there were 8000+ fans there, and everyone was into the game...and nobody got booed, and there was no clear favorite team either, it was a nice, enthusiastic, bipartisan crowd...i think that will only go to show the rest of the world what great fans of the game of hockey we have here in north dakota...not just fans of one team...

glad to hear there was a good crowd for the Swiss-Belarus game today!! Saw some vid from TRF between periods of the Canada-Slovakia game saturday and it looked REALLY thin. Herald said +-570 for the afternoon game and 700+ for the evening game there...Video looked like a LOT less...guess they must have been hitting up the concession stands when the cam was on... :0

I met some guys up in the Organ Bar who had driven all the way from Calgary and Flin Flon to attend these games.    Expect thousands more Canadians if they play for a medal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you mean WHEN they play for a medal, but then Russia might have something to say about that, now that they have lost to the USA and will have to meet Canada first in the Semi's....(I think that's how it goes...anyone care to correct me...not in this crowd..LOL)..