SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux hat idea

01grad

I really like these Zephyr billboard hats and was dissapointed to see that they had two different gopher hats and not a North Dakota.

http://www.zhats.com/billboards/index.asp

I think it would be neat to have a Sioux hat like the gopher or North Star hats that said North Dakota hockey since 1946 (or whenever it started) with all 3 Sioux logos and 7 time National Champions written on it.

You need to order at least 144 hats to custom order, but maybe this idea could find it's way to somebody who works through the Ralph or higher up that might like this idea as well.

Since we have been talking so much about custom jerseys, it got me thinking about hats.

01 grad,

Why don't trucker hats stay in the 1980's along with "The Dukes of Hazzard," "The Smurfs," and the mullet?  Honestly, I see kids wearing these hats all the time now.  WHY?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because old is in. Everything that was considered faddish or stupid from years gone by are now cool.

I've seen leg warmers return, frizzy hair, torn jeans, women who tear sweatshirts off of a shoulder and then have the tank top or sports bra strap on that side visible.... everyone knows that elevator shoes and bell bottoms are back in style.

I can't wait for poodle skirts, tweed jackets, and the Don Johnson (pastel Tshirt with light colored sport coat) to come back in.

What it comes down to is originality. Just like in movies, originality is very hard to come by. They don't have a clue so when the society fails to have a clue, they go backwards. And yes, mullets are coming back.

Amen to that, Brother DaveK. Just because Ashton Kutcher seems to love them doesn't mean that everyone else needs to put on a trucker hat.

The best hat I've worn is the Zephyr "chopper." It's pretty simple, just saying "SIOUX HOCKEY" on the front and an ND logo on the back.