SiouxSports.com Forum

Bochenski article

ABER

Here is an article on Bochenski from yesterday.  Enjoy.

Bryan

http://www.binghamtonsenators.com/news/?cat=1&id=89

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks like Bochenski and Parise will face off against each other on Wednesday night....I wonder if there is a way to see or hear a broadcast of that game...

Parise is the points leader for Albany...

Another Bochenski article:

BY SCOTT LAUBER

Press & Sun-Bulletin

BINGHAMTON -- When they were 18 years old, Brandon Bochenski and a friend were caught using counterfeit money as a childhood prank.

Now, four years later and light years wiser, Bochenski has been nothing short of the real deal for the Binghamton Senators.

Entering tonight's game in Syracuse -- and yet another weekend of three games in three nights in three cities -- Bochenski is tied for fourth among AHL rookies with eight goals and one of the brighter spots for the struggling Senators.

"He's got quick hands, a nose for the net, and he's one of those players who, when he shoots the puck, more often than not, it goes in," coach Dave Cameron said after practice Thursday. "Certainly, he's proven he belongs here."

Cameron wasn't sure after rookie camp in the opening days of September. Considering his reputation as a Hobey Baker Award finalist as the top college hockey player in the nation at the University of North Dakota, Bochenski didn't much impress his first-year coach.

But once AHL camp opened, he began to demonstrate the innate scoring ability that's characterized him since his days at Blaine High in Minnesota. And he hasn't slowed down.

Bochenski, 22, led the Senators with four goals in the preseason, developed chemistry with star center Jason Spezza and has adjusted smoothly to pro hockey with 13 points in his first 20 games.

"It's kind of hard, being a rookie, to find where your place is on a team," Bochenski said. "But it's pretty much the same as it's always been the last 10 years or so. I'm a guy who gets (scoring) chances and has got to bury them."

Philadelphia defenseman Freddy Meyer tried to bury Bochenski last month by sticking out his leg while skating past him. The result was a left knee injury and five games on the shelf for Bochenski and a one-game suspension for Meyer.

Bochenski returned Thanksgiving night, slowed by a bulky brace but little rust. He scored in his second game back, then found the net three more times in back-to-back games last weekend in Winnipeg against the Manitoba Moose.

"The first couple games, I wasn't comfortable (with the brace), and really, it was still painful because of the injury," he said. "But I've been starting to feel more like myself."

For Bochenski, being yourself means being in the right places at the right times to score goals. But that hardly implies he's luckier than he is good.

Recognizing prime scoring areas on the ice and being able to operate inside them takes savvy, and after watching him do both during a game last month, Ottawa general manager John Muckler hailed Bochenski as "a thinking-man's player."

The thought of putting Bochenski on Spezza's line occurred to Cameron and co-coach John Paddock during training camp. Spezza is accustomed to playing between NHL-caliber wingers like Marian Hossa and Daniel Alfredsson in Ottawa, but he felt an instant connection with Bochenski.

"He's really good at getting into holes," said Spezza, who has recorded the primary assist on all but two of Bochenski's goals and leads the AHL with 24 helpers. "I like to carry the puck and he's got a good shot, so I guess we make a good pair."

Upon being paired in his first pro games with a player many believe will become an elite NHL center, Bochenski didn't pinch himself. He just felt like he belonged.

"Playmakers look to guys who are goal-scorers, and goal-scorers look to playmakers to get them the puck," Bochenski said. "Those personalities tend to mesh.

"When you're a goal-scorer, you develop into a shooter because that's your prime talent. Then, I think you extend yourself out from the net. Growing up, I guess that's how it was for me."

Bochenski has grown up since his days as an all-state hockey player in Minnesota. According to the Grand Forks Herald in North Dakota, he pled guilty to felony aggravated forgery and did 40 hours of community service after his senior year for making counterfeit bills on a computer.

North Dakota honored his scholarship and was rewarded when Bochenski scored 79 goals in three seasons. His counterfeiting days behind him, it was Ottawa that got a steal by drafting Bochenski in the seventh round in 2001.

"Obviously, you can see why Ottawa signed him," Cameron said. "Like any first-year player, his big challenge is going to be consistency, game-in and game-out, with and without the puck. But no doubt, he's looked real good."

enjoyed the 2nd article on bochenski because it was actually about Bochenski, if everybody posted a game recap this site would be cluttered with random hogwash.  Kudos to driscol for finding that article, as for you aber i believe its time to go back to the drawing board.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would you like to revisit this post and rephrase it? it appears as though you are saying that Bochenski articles that are spotlights are the only articles worth mentioning. All of his success on the ice is irrelevant, or as you say, hogwash.

ABER- thanks for the post. driscol- Thanks for the post.

enjoyed the 2nd article on bochenski because it was actually about Bochenski, if everybody posted a game recap this site would be cluttered with random hogwash.  Kudos to driscol for finding that article, as for you aber i believe its time to go back to the drawing board.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice post, really relevant

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Poncho, have you posted anything hear worth reading? Every time I come accross anything I feel is worth posting Im going to put it here, just deal with it.

Aber.