SiouxSports.com Forum

FUNNY story from Duluth....

Fighting Sioux #1

While in Duluth for last weekends games, I was sitting at a bar near the DECC having a few adult beverages. Sitting next to us were 3 Duluth fans. We had a great conversation about college hockey, but one comment they made surprised me. All three said that Gopher fans were WAY BETTER than Badger fans. (A thread within itself.) They went on to state that Gopher fans were more knowledgeable about the game (which I agree), and that Badger fans were totally stupid....starting a SIEVE chant even when their Bulldog goalie makes a great save.

About an hour later.....at the game....the Duluth student section starts the SIEVE chant when Parise makes a couple of great saves.......hmmmmmmmm......TOO FUNNY !!!! ???:angry::)

I noticed that too....Parise made a couple of tremendous saves and he was pitching a shutout at the time! Still, the students were great and made the me wish ONCE AGAIN for the atmosphere of the old Ralph. I hope the DECC stays around for a while as it is one of the few remaining old barns left.

I know you don't care about Gopher stories, but this fits into this threat. Last Friday in St. Clown, before the game starts the St. Clown fans start chanting Overrated. Then Minnesota goes on to sweep them. I thought the overrated chant was held back until you defeated a team that was ranked higher than your team.

I know you don't care about Gopher stories, but this fits into this threat.  Last Friday in St. Clown, before the game starts the St. Clown fans start chanting Overrated.  Then Minnesota goes on to sweep them.  I thought the overrated chant was held back until you defeated a team that was ranked higher than your team.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or your own team if you live in Duluth. ???:angry:

What was funny at Saturday's game was the bauched attempts of the studogs making up ridiculous chants.

The best was "We got trees".

Seconded only by the "Sioux are people" (stolen from St. Clown) and sharply followed by "Sioux Suck" (stolen from Moo U). This was definitely the greatest juxtaposition all year, seconded only by the REA playing the Herb Brooks speech from 'Miracle' to stir up the Sioux fans while they were playing the Brown and Yellow.

Dogz, don't get mad, UMD is always fun to play.

I know you don't care about Gopher stories, but this fits into this threat.  Last Friday in St. Clown, before the game starts the St. Clown fans start chanting Overrated.  Then Minnesota goes on to sweep them.  I thought the overrated chant was held back until you defeated a team that was ranked higher than your team.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tech fans were worse when they chanted overrated with four minutes left of the Saturday game, during a weekend which we swept them and won each game by 5+ goals. ???

What was funny at Saturday's game was the bauched attempts of the studogs making up ridiculous chants.

The best was "We got trees".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"We got trees" was great. The whole rink was laughing at that one. Anyone at the DECC see the 3rd place banner. Who hangs banners for 3rd?? Well, besides St. Clown and Mankato? Isn't it like getting the pink participation ribbon?

EVEN WORSE......in Duluth....when they get back to full strength after a penalty.....the PA guys says.....

"Duluth.....FULL STRENGTH"

....and the UMD students say......"ALWAYS WERE"

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO LAME !!!!!!!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's no more lame than, when the Kohl Center announcer says "Both teams at full strength," the Bucky fans yell "That's debatable!"

"We got trees" was great. The whole rink was laughing at that one. Anyone at the DECC see the 3rd place banner. Who hangs banners for 3rd?? Well, besides St. Clown and Mankato? Isn't it like getting the pink participation ribbon?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about the banner they had for "Final Eight" in the early 90's...Someone next to me said it must be because they can't fill the banner slots with NC's or WCHA championship banners. As far as the best cheers, I have to give props to the Friday night cheer directed at Jordan Parise: "Family reject." I have to admit I laughed a little...it was pretty creative.

Yeah the "We got trees" cheer was pretty good, I mean, how does one counter that ? "We have dry land" It's a toughy. And their "sieve" timing was really off. Good call by someone mentioning their fans cheering that when Jordans got a shutout into the 3rd and they're still calling him a sieve, even after Johnson, who got yanked, gave up 3 in the first. (I think it was Johnson, certainly wasn't Isaac Rhe....Ry.....sks.....muth?) ;)

Yeah the "We got trees" cheer was pretty good, I mean, how does one counter that ? "We have dry land" It's a toughy. And their "sieve" timing was really off. Good call by someone mentioning their fans cheering that when Jordans got a shutout into the 3rd and they're still calling him a sieve, even after Johnson, who got yanked, gave up 3 in the first. (I think it was Johnson, certainly wasn't Isaac Rhe....Ry.....sks.....muth?) ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We got a few laughs from some Duluth fans. After Johnson was taken out, and Reichmuth let in the next goal, we started the.....

"Where's your JOHNSON ?!?!" chant.

It's no more lame than, when the Kohl Center announcer says "Both teams at full strength," the Bucky fans yell "That's debatable!"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

EVEN MORE WORSE AND LAME is that goofer fans do both of these, and follow it up with a spelling competition...

You guys should have dead Gopher night have everyone bring a dead rodent 12,000 dead Gophers would be a sight to behold it would also help keep Grand Forks clean ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll remember to bring a Pocohontis doll to toss on the ice next year then.... ;)

I think you guys think other team's stuff is stupid or dumb because you don't have anything at all...prove me wrong!

WPoS