SiouxSports.com Forum

This is the quote

IowaBison

From today's Herald:

North Dakota State University, UND's top rival, is in the Great West Football Conference in Division I-AA. The Bison are an independent in all other Division I sports. NDSU is seeking to become a Big Sky member.

You guys planning on playing your top rival anytime in the next 50 years?

maybe you should spend a few minutes and come up with a response instead of an ad hominem attack, or if you really don't care (which I don't think is the case) ignore the post

this is especially funny as you spent most of last week attacking the Fargo press and putting the Herald on a pedistal.

i just thought thought i bring up some of the quality journalism that is coming out of the herald.

this is especially funny as you spent most of last week attacking the Fargo press and putting the Herald on a pedistal. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't even know what a "pedistal" is.

Just keep showing off that NDSU education. ???

Of course NDSU is UND's biggest overall rival (and vice versa), I've never seen anyone claim otherwise ??? However, on the topic of interesting quotes about divisional classification in today's Herald:

Brand: Maybe NCAA should restructure football

Which has such juicy quotes (familiar sounding to readers of this board) from NCAA President Brand as:

"If we have issues about how football fits within each division - and I see abundant evidence to that effect - then we must ask whether an overall better structure can be devised.

"Too many athletics programs are over-reaching in terms of classification based on how they view a single sport: football. Too often, the victims of this over-reach are the student-athletes and coaches from women's and men's nonrevenue sports. Have we arrived at a time when we need to examine whether football classification should be viewed differently from membership classification in general? That is an immensely challenging question, but we should not be afraid to ask it."

I've always been among those who believe that in the long run, UND will be in the same division as similar rival NDSU again. It's been speculated here that it could come from the NCAA modifying the divisional system; that could be better for UND than a complete reclassification that UND's leaders fear might not be financially tenable and which would primarily benefit only a couple big sports (though the latter certainly seems more likely than the former).

When you see me hanging around on Bisonville picking apart statements in the Forum and giving them a UND spin, you'll have a point.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Remember the source, Pat. I find it's easier to be charitable to the Stream Yellow partisans when you utilize a bell curve in grading their tripe.