SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (5-7) vs North Central (12/12 8PM)

SWSiouxMN

34 minutes ago, LDL said:

I probably should have put my original question in the 2022-2033 thread.  Moderators please move if you wish.  regarding defenses packing it in I would like to see Norman and Eaglestaff on the floor as much as possible.  

I'd like to see a lineup of Trent, Brooks, Eaglestaff, Omot, and TT. You need to keep Trent and Brooks on the floor as much as possible for defending at the guard position. Omot needs to be in as much as possible as well. So it kind of leaves an odd man out between Eaglestaff and Norman for who you want in there as a shooter. In my opinion I would go with Eaglestaff because of his size and versatility. Can do more with the ball and can dribble the ball/be more of a playmaker. 

And maybe teams won't sag off Trent and Brooks as much as I think they will. We'll see I guess. If it were me I wouldn't guard Trent or Brooks outside of the free throw line until they show any sort of ability or want to shoot a jump shot. Brooks needs to start shooting catch and shoot 3's. Like I've said in the past, he needs to shoot around 3 a game. He can average 33% on 3 attempts a game. That keeps the defense honest and makes them have to close out to him and guard him at the three point line. Opens up the floor so much more for his drives but also for everybody else. 

• Upvote 2