SiouxSports.com Forum

Lennon's future

UND92,96

There's no hiding the fact that Lennon is an excellent coach. If he has the opportunity to move on to bigger and better things, nobody would hold it against him if he did. He's more than earned it.

However, I doubt that whether or not UND goes DI-AA will play a factor in Lennon's decision to stay or go. Nor should keeping Lennon at UND be a factor in whether or not the university decides to move up a level.

There's no hiding the fact that Lennon is an excellent coach. If he has the opportunity to move on to bigger and better things, nobody would hold it against him if he did. He's more than earned it.

However, I doubt that whether or not UND goes DI-AA will play a factor in Lennon's decision to stay or go. Nor should keeping Lennon at UND be a factor in whether or not the university decides to move up a level.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with your second comment that the possibility of Lennon leaving should not be a major factor in our DI decision; however, it could be a huge factor in our losing Lennon sooner than we would like.

Let's all remember that the Forum has nothing better to do than to write about Sioux sports. The only thing going on last week was a playoff game in the Fargodome...Concordia College.

I guess their editorial stating they were going to write less about the Sioux was just to fill space for that day.

I agree with your second comment that the possibility of Lennon leaving should not be a major factor in our DI decision;  however, it could be a huge factor in our losing Lennon sooner than we would like.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It depends entirely upon the type of offer Lennon gets, the school that makes the offer and his ambition. Even if UND was to join BSC, coaching here during the next five year will be no picnic.

I thought the Forum wasn't going to do less coverage of the Sioux, cause they were in an inferior conference. ;) The Forum would love it if Lennon moved on. But they also enjoy making himself and his team loss focus before a semifinal game.

Thank you Forum for the article now instead of a week or two.