SiouxSports.com Forum

Signs

Supertrex

The signs went the way of student tickets this year....Look up next time ur in the arena

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most of the sign holders and creators from last season are now in the upper deck. Personally, I don't see the point in holding up a sign in the upper deck. It's not like anyone from the lower deck can read them and the upper deck doesn't get as much jumbotron time.

As one of the sign-making/creating usual suspects I'm stilling willing and able to do my part (as I did at this year's Gopher series) but the students who held the signs last year got sent to the upper deck gulag. If any lower bowl seat holders will commit to holding signs, we'll start a thread for ideas and I'll get out the poster board, the scissors and the rubber cement and go to town.

As one of the sign-making/creating usual suspects I'm stilling willing and able to do my part (as I did at this year's Gopher series) but the students who held  the signs last year got sent to the upper deck gulag.  If any lower bowl seat holders will commit to holding signs, we'll start a thread for ideas and I'll get out the poster board, the scissors and the rubber cement and go to town.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am a student in the lower bowl and I would be happy to hold any signs people want.

forecheck will be the leader of the Wookie signs, I think.  ;)

But,

(picture of forecheck) + tn_jdurno03.jpg =  some wedding picture

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like that ???

Also could be the "Hair today, Goon tommorrow" with a picture of the Wookiee before and after the haircut...

Or "Shear Stupidity with the same pictures...

Cheesy, but what the heck kind of hockey program is Canisius anyway? :huh:

Thanks, jerseychaser & ihategophers. We'll start a sign thread closer to the Wookie series, I'll make some and, if you'll give me your seat numbers leave them for you. BTW, I'm going to Duluth on Al Pearson's bus and will resurrect the "Season's Beatings from the FIGHTING Sioux" sign from last year to take with me. I'm sure our seats will be way way up in the DECC but I'll get there for warmups and stand with it by the glass.

I found a bunch of signs I made for last year's holiday series at home (against the Bulldogs?). In addition to the "Season's Beatings" sign, there's one with a picture of Santa that says "Five Ho-Ho-Holed," another with Santa that says, "He's Making a List, Hip-checking it Twice," two intended for the penalty box ("You Better Not Pout" and, with a picture of a decorated Xmas tree, "Not the Brightest Bulb on the Tree") and, my personal favorite, one with Santa Claus as a referee that parodies lines from the song "Santa Claus is Coming to Town": "He sees you when you're slashing; he knows your fall's a fake." Along with whatever Forecheck comes up with celebrating the Hair Impaired Durno, looks like we've got the makings for a Very Wookie Christmas.