SiouxSports.com Forum

2000-present

sioux_alum

Karl Goehring, no doubt about it, the best goalie UND has seen. Stopping pucks was an art form for Karl, especially against the Gophers...I can recall more than one flashy save, not because he was out of position, but because he liked to show off in front of his home town crowd.

Hey guys Poncho here, thought I'd throw my peso's into this topic as well, boy you guys have interesting stuff to talk about on here! At goalie I really enjoyed watching Kollar play when either Karl was hurt or not playing well and shut down the retards in red or the morons in maroon. At defense i really liked the way Tim O'Connel played, and Commodore as well. My favorite forward is a hard call to make but I would have to go with Kevin Spiewak he wasnt the flashiest player on the ice but he always worked hard and made his breaks.

How does it feel to be the lone rider on my bandwagon? ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm gonna knock down the bandwagon for a second, i'm going back to 96 and gonna drop Teeder Wynne on you all. he was the shifty lefty that wasn't afraid to muck it up a little bit and let pivetz and rappana come in and clean it up for him. also from that team, darcy mitani. i know it's not 2000-present, but couldn't resist droppin those two names.

Obvious: Jeff Panzer. Hometown hero.

Less mentioned: David Hale.

Wow! Could that guy throw his body around. I remember opponents' reactions to getting hit by him. It was sort of a "tense up and then fly through the air backward" thing. A truly gifted checker. Too bad we lost him prior to his senior season, or we may have seen UND hoisting #8.