SiouxSports.com Forum

Bus/Road trip to Houghton

teamsioux

Haven't heard anything along those lines but I saw that it was $259 from Fargo and $192 from Minneapolis to fly there on NW. There are several direct flights from Minneapolis to Hancock each day (looks like same thing as Houghton, right next to each other).

Little over 500 miles to drive there so that isn't too bad either. Could be worse.

Haven't heard anything along those lines but I saw that it was $259 from Fargo and $192 from Minneapolis to fly there on NW.  There are several direct flights from Minneapolis to Hancock each day (looks like same thing as Houghton, right next to each other). 

Little over 500 miles to drive there so that isn't too bad either.  Could be worse.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kim Woods, the lady who put together the fan bus to St. Cloud said they won't be having one for the Tech game. :lol:

Wow, that sounds like a reasonable price to fly from Grand Forks to small town Michigan. And everything is included? I think anyone interested in going to the game should consider filling the charter flight for that price. Especially considering that you will be supporting the football team in helping foot the bill for the trip. Fly cheap, watch the sioux advance, and support the team financially all at once? Sounds like a hell of a deal to me. Let's fill that plane and go watch the sioux kick some butt!! For those of you waiting to see if it's on TV, it doesn't sound promising. I'd be surprised if they televise it. Might as well just book our flights now while there is still room. See you in Houghton, sioux fans.

GO SIOUX!!!

Wow, that sounds like a reasonable price to fly from Grand Forks to small town Michigan.  And everything is included?  I think anyone interested in going to the game should consider filling the charter flight for that price.  Especially considering that you will be supporting the football team in helping foot the bill for the trip.  Fly cheap, watch the sioux advance, and support the team financially all at once?  Sounds like a hell of a deal to me.  Let's fill that plane and go watch the sioux kick some butt!!  For those of you waiting to see if it's on TV, it doesn't sound promising.  I'd be surprised if they televise it.  Might as well just book our flights now while there is still room.  See you in Houghton, sioux fans.

GO SIOUX!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good call, LennonIsTheMan. I agree with you, support the team, and fill that flight. Our sioux fan following last week was impressive. Let's see that again.

Its the shortest roadtrip you guys will have. If both UND and GVSU both happen to win, you guys got a home game to save your travel money on. get out there to Tech. They bearly get 3,000 there, a good thousand roudy fans will probably neutralize the Native Yooper crowd. Plus, its now Gun season here in Michigan, so its likely a lot of them are out, sitting in the woods somewhere. (don't forget your orange vests!) Its just under 500 miles. An easy trip to pull off if you rent a big fan and get a few people together to chip in on it.

The trick is to pool together your money to go.... Just gotta find one person that can rent one of those big passenger van, and then find a bunch of people to split the cost will. Say it takes about oh, lets figure a little high here, shouldn't nearly be this high for you, to rent a van, get the added insurerance! for it, and to put gas in it there and back to the game, No hotel room, for say 400 dollars. You get 10 people in on that, and its only about 40$ per person. you take turns driving, the rest sleep on the way there in the back seats, and if so needed, I'm sure you could find somebody there that does have a hotel room where you all could grab quick showers, or at least freshen up a bit. Thats how a bunch of us GVSU fans got to Boston last year to watch the bentley game, and that only was about 50$ there and back and we took toll roads most of the way there.