SiouxSports.com Forum

5 (as in seed) (and games) to Florence

SiouxFan4Life

Ok....Just some thoughts about what we will need to do...better yet...my predictions on what were going to do when we whip on the Huskies this weekend.

1...........OF course....Stop the run...Matt Birkel wont go over 50. I got faith in my boys.

2..........Rush for 150 plus...OUr oline is looking good..GIve musman credit...He is a former o lineman. He knows how to have an o-line playing good, when it counts.

3..........Hit our 3 big play recievers.....Caleb Johnson, Dan Grossman, and Jeff Webber, ...I suspect they will each have 65 plus recieving

4..........Sacks, and tipped balls, I think our defense went throught a period of time in which we were just living off of past fame. We are now in the playoffs, and they have something to prove, even if our O would play bad(which it wont.)

Not to mention coach Tibesar in his first year at D-Coordinator, faces the team that gave him his first loss......

5.......Punt Return and Punt.....We have the best Punt Return team in the world..And we will get one. Plus our Bullets and punter are A+ as well....

6......Play start to finish..Im telling you ..The huskie fans our in for a sad day....

Good analysis, here are a few thoughts of my own.......

1...........OF course....Stop the run...Matt Birkel wont go over 50. I got faith in my boys.
Agreed. Stop Matt Birkel and you stop the Huskies. I don't think their quarterback is good enough to carry the team if he has to.

2..........Rush for 150 plus...OUr oline is looking good..GIve musman credit...He is a former o lineman. He knows how to have an o-line playing good, when it counts.

Roland and Strouth will have to play well, but I think we are going to have to use the pass to set up the run. Our running game hasn't been dominant this season so far. We got to Florence throwing the ball last year and I think we'll have to do it again this time.

3..........Hit our 3 big play recievers.....Caleb Johnson, Dan Grossman, and Jeff Webber, ...I suspect they will each have 65 plus recieving.
Spreading the ball around will be a must. Belmore (who I think will be starting) will have to make plays for us to win. This game is a chance for redemption.

4..........Sacks, and tipped balls, I think our defense went throught a period of time in which we were just living off of past fame. We are now in the playoffs, and they have something to prove, even if our O would play bad(which it wont.)

Not to mention coach Tibesar in his first year at D-Coordinator, faces the team that gave him his first loss......

The defense needs to get back to its usual level of nastiness. We've given up some big plays the past two weeks. We can't let that happen in the postseason.

5.......Punt Return and Punt.....We have the best Punt Return team in the world..And we will get one. Plus our Bullets and punter are A+ as well....
The special teams are fantastic right now. And special teams can win or lose games for you all by themselves. Taking the redshirt off of Dressler was one of the best decisions the coaching staff has ever made.

6......Play start to finish..Im telling you ..The huskie fans our in for a sad day....

This is a must in the playoffs. All the teams are good and if you aren't on top of your game, your season will be finished.

I said after the loss in October that if we played this team again, we would win. I still feel this way. UND 28, SCSU 17

I would have to agree with you there. There will not be any cakewalks in this region at all. No team went undefeated, and its pretty hard to pick a favorate to come out of it. It's got the GLIAC co-champs in at the bye week spots, and the two teams that played in the NC game last year are 5 and 6. Throw in St. Cloud and Winona - the Rodney Dangerfield of the NW region, "No respect I tell yeah!", its going to be an interesting 3 weeks here.