SiouxSports.com Forum

Q&A with Zach P.

sioux rube

I love the first question:

The only MN school specifically mentioned is UMD - how funny is that? One more thing for Gopher fans to stew about! :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think you'll find too many Gopher fans wondering what could have been if only we would have landed Parise. They might have added the McNaughton in '02-'03, but CC was a very good team that year. Maybe the McNaughton or the threepeat in '03-'04, but with the team defense played last year I don't think Parise would have saved last years team. Plus had Parise committed to the Gophs we may have lost out on Vanek! :angry:

I don't think you'll find too many Gopher fans wondering what could have been if only we would have landed Parise. They might have added the McNaughton in '02-'03, but CC was a very good team that year. Maybe the McNaughton or the threepeat in '03-'04, but with the team defense played last year I don't think Parise would have saved last years team. Plus had Parise committed to the Gophs we may have lost out on Vanek! :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As suspected, even the most level-headed of Gopher fans puts the typical Vanek spin on it.

Sagard, you have to admit for all the smack-talking that goes on down in Gopherland (yes, Sioux fans do their share, too), the reference to UMD only is pretty funny.

To take this a little further: had Praise gone to UMN, that could have sent Vanek to UW, would that have meant Alex Levitt (sorry for spelling) to UND??? Yikes. Thank you ZPAR for coming to UND -- the WCHA banners are wonderful -- too bad no national championships (but hopefully that'll just mean that JPAR will have one or two bragging rights over you/ZPAR) and lastly, thanks for saving UND from Alex L.!!

As suspected, even the most level-headed of Gopher fans puts the typical Vanek spin on it.

Sagard, you have to admit for all the smack-talking that goes on down in Gopherland (yes, Sioux fans do their share, too), the reference to UMD only is pretty funny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, re-reading it I missed the point.