SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs CC

DMT

I didn't know where else to post this, and I think we need this thread.

It is being reported that Fuher will be playing forward this weekend so Bina and Radke can both play. Hakstol apparently mentioned that on the radio yesterday.

I didn't know where else to post this, and I think we need this thread.

It is being reported that Fuher will be playing forward this weekend so Bina and Radke can both play.  Hakstol apparently mentioned that on the radio yesterday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also heard that Fuher was practicing this week at forward.

If true, I think it is a good decision. Bina has played very well and Radke obviously has a bright future, but needs pt to develop.

And I like seeing Fuher on the ice because he has a good shot, usually isn't afraid to rip one at the goaltender and has had success in the past scoring goals. I am sure it will be an adjustment for him, but perhaps it will give the team an added spark.

Fabian is out (shoulder).

Sounds like Murray is out (leg).

We don't know Prpich's status (concussion).

UND's roster is only 14 forwards, 8 defense, and 3 goalies and that's including Lee Marvin as a forward.

If we need to put a defenseman or two up front just to have enough forwards, Marvin and Fuher make the most sense. Why?

First, because we are really short on left-shooting forwards (wouldn't you know Fabian, Murray, and Prpich are all southpaws) and Lee Marvin shoots from that side and has done a decent job up front so far. Next, if you have to play another D up front make it Fuher so Bina and Radke get some experience this year, because they'll have to be the core of the D next year (with Smaby).

PS - There's one other advantage to having Marvin and Fuher dressed as forwards: In case you need to bench a D-man for dumb penalties.

I think Bina has really surprised the coaches. I think his role coming into the program was a little different than playing a regular shift. Especially with the new enforcement of the rules, he may be the best D the Sioux have had this year. He hits hard, doesn't get penalties, and is a source of offense. That is not to say he is better than Jones, Greene et al, but his style of play combined with his talent earned him a regular spot IMO.

Didn't Fuhrer play forward in HS (the one year he was here)? Anyone know how Foyt did, I didn't get to see the BC game.

I watched the BC game on tv and did not here anything about Foyt so it doesn't sound like he made much of an impact.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The bad news about Foyt is that he didn't have much affect either way on the game.

The good news on Foyt is that he didn't do anything stupid either.

I think Foyt is still an option as a 4th line center. He didn't do poorly.