Gopher Signs

Green1019

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know how to make a sign out of this, but Fuhrer, Bina, Schneider are all from Grand Forks and defensemen and then there's Lammy from Grand Forks whose a goalie vs. Potulny and Irmen who are forwards.

/just thinking out loud trying to spur more ideas

Today is your last chance to tell me which signs you want to see. Post about one previously suggested that you like or come up with a fresh idea. PM me with your seat number if you want to have a sign to hoist; just bring it back with you on Saturday night. Or, is there a student out there willing to take a batch of signs and distribute to others in the lower bowl?

I've pasted up quite a few already and found some leftovers from last year (unfortunately not crappie/crappy or the lost jock).

That picture of that gopher reminded me of this. haha a good laugh

Sandy : Carl I want you to kill all the gophers on the golf course

Carl Spackler : Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers they'll lock me up and throw away the key.

Sandy : Not golfers, you great fool. Gophers. THE LITTLE BROWN, FURRY RODENTS.

Carl Spackler : We can do that. We don't even need a reason

champs*7 said:

"I don't know how to make a sign out of this, but Fuhrer, Bina, Schneider are all from Grand Forks and defensemen and then there's Lammy from Grand Forks whose a goalie vs. Potulny and Irmen who are forwards."

champs--Something like this?

Fuher, Bina & Schneider:

TRUE stay-at-home defensemen

or

North Dakota Boys:

The ones that stayed

are better than

the ones that got away

Last call if you want to get a sign--PM me with your seat number.

Just thought of a good one if I can work out the graphics. Carl Spackler saying, "I gotta get into this dude's pelt..." while a thought bubble shows the dude in question is Don Lucia. We all love Lucia's pelt...er...hair.

I dont' know who said it, but I would love it if we could actually get a lot of people to spell out M-E-D-I-O-C-R-E after the gophers do their lame cheer....I think that would be awesome!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Count me in.....The lame cheer isn't lame - it is flat out GAY. Especially the circular arm motion while reciting yayyyyyyyyy Gophers at the end. Even more gay when accompanied by a floopy ear Gopher had with string to actuate the floppy ears..Saw that one in 2000 at Mariucci and couldn't stop laughing - almost pee'd the drawers.

I believe I suggested the M-E-D-I-O-C-R-E countercheer but I think a line of Sioux fans at the Final Five last spring did something similar, hoisting cards with each letter of that word (or something like it) while the Goph fans were participating in their spelling ritual. It would be nice if the gang of students who spell out S-E-X=Score and C-O-N-D-O-M=Defense (which have lost their shock value for me) would get the M-E-D-I-O-C-R-E cheer going. It would take some organization but would be worth it. If a group of 9 or 10 would commit to leading it, I'd be willing to make the cards that spell out M-E-D-I-O-C-R-E! Anyone?

This would be especially cool in light of the front page story in today's Herald about the rivalry that indicates how much national press is going to be at the game.

I was in with the group that held the Mediocre Signs last year at the Final Five. That was alot of fun. Someone else actually brought those letters down to us so we can't really take the credit. We just held them. I think that this will become a new Final Five / Gophers tradition though.

We did make a sign that said "Briggs: He's no Hauser." The Gopher fans by us even liked that one.

Count me in.....The lame cheer isn't lame - it is flat out GAY. Especially the circular arm motion while reciting yayyyyyyyyy Gophers at the end. Even more gay when accompanied by a floopy ear Gopher had with string to actuate the floppy ears..Saw that one in 2000 at Mariucci and couldn't stop laughing - almost pee'd the drawers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow.

siouxnami:  didn't I bring you the Crappie/Crappy sign at the Xcel?  Do you still have it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that we did keep the signs, though I didn't personally. I will be watching the game tonight with the guy who I think kept the signs. I will check and see if he still has them. I'll let you know if he still has it.

I offered to make them but couldn't get anyone to agree to hoist them so as far as I know they have not been made. I have, however, made about 16 signs (8 signs, which are two-sided) and will leave them on the seats of those who asked for them. There will be some left over so if you see me wandering about the student section about an hour before the game and would like a sign, just ask. I'll be the person walking through the student section who's enough to be your mother's older sister.