SiouxSports.com Forum

Obstruction

Fetch

http://www.ncaa.org/releases/miscellaneous...004090301ms.htm

Do you think they will really make this happen & how will it effect us ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think its lip service. It would be nice to see them call the games that way but, UND has been the victim of crappy reffing for years. I don't see it changing over night because of a new mission statement from the NCAA.

I think its lip service. It would be nice to see them call the games that way but, UND has been the victim of crappy reffing for years. I don't see it changing over night because of a new mission statement from the NCAA.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember one season about a dozen years ago when the refs were told to call more obstruction type penalties. UND fans hated the result, because weak penalties were being called on both sides. Too many weak penalties.

There has to be a middle ground, where refs do not allow players like Parise to get mugged, yet refs let the game be played. Why don't the refs take better control? Why does the NCAA have to step in at all? Since when do they control the game itself?