SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (3-9, 2-1) @ ORU (5-6, 2-1) 1/9 730 (Game 2)

SWSiouxMN

Despite not having their starting point guard, UND used a big 2nd half performance by Rebraca, steady contributions from Igbanugo and Sueker, and a big time steal by Sims at the end to steal a 72-71 win down in Oral Roberts.  The win also gives Paul Sather 300 career wins as a head coach! They look to perhaps get the sweep tonight in Tulsa.

Last night in the Summit

USD 66 Kansas City 64

NDSU 71 Omaha 69

SDSU 83 WIU 77

The big story continues to be the suspension of Noah Friedel at SDSU as he did not play in the first game against Western Illinois.  It did help to get Wilson back off of the COVID list and he had a big game to carry SDSU to victory.

NDSU nearly let Omaha steal one in Fargo behind Tut (31 points), but Griesel was not going to let that happen as he nailed the game winner and pushed the Bison to a 3-0 start.

A similar situation nearly happened in Kansas City as the Roos made a strong comeback in the 2nd half, only to fall short against the Yotes, who start the season 3-0 as well.  USD has had lots of momentum since their big win against SDSU in the Dakota Showcase.

Key questions for UND:

1) How do they respond after the big win:  This is going to be the big thing for this squad, how do they play tonight?  Do they build off of this win and play another good game or do they revert back to their inconsistent ways?  Its too early to say if this team has potentially turning a corner but this game tonight could give us more clues.

2) Status of Ihenacho:  Does he go tonight?  If not, can UND get a similar performance from Igbanugo

3) Can they slow Abmas down again?:  This was his worst shooting night of the year, can UND repeat that again today?

The call:

I fully expect an ORU bounce back today, I look for them to try and get Abmas going early but they might try to get their 3rd option Glasper going (UND has some issues with him last night) as well.  UND needs to be better on the glass today, they let Obanor kick their butts down there one too many times.  UND also can't count on ORU going 7-29 from 3, so they are going to have to continue to play inside out.  For me, its this.  I want to see UND play another good game to build the confidence of the team going forward, they cannot afford to have a clunker.  Could they win again?  Its possible, but I think Oral Roberts get the dub behind a better shooting performance from Abmas

ORU 81-74

Game is here: ORUMBB vs. North Dakota - Oral Roberts University (oruathletics.com)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic