SiouxSports.com Forum

The UND/SCSU Football is Sold Out

huskies679

That's really disappointing since I think a lot of UND fans were planning on going to this game. If ever WDAZ or the FSSN would consider televising a regular season road game, this would appear to be the ideal one considering it's relatively close and it looks like a great game on paper.

They are going to try to fit the student body around the field. i think they could go about 15-20 deep on the two ends and the visitor side. so no, there are no standing room tickets. I think there are 4300 seats. (plus standing room) at the time i thought that would be more than enough considering i have been to games at selke with crowds of 1000.

What a waste of money, Who builds a new field that only seats ~4.5K. I heard that SCSU plays their games at night b/c people would rather go watch St. Johns a MIAC team (NCAA DIII). That is like saying people in GF would rather drive 15 min. to watch Mayville State play than the Sioux. How can a school with a fall enrollment of 19,383 students only build a stadium for ~4.5k?? St. Johns fall enrolment 1,865, yes (one thousand eight hundred sixty five), and their stadium holds 5,500 poeple. SCSU has over 10 times the enrolment, builds a smaller stadium, and plays at night because people would rather watch the Johnnies play football. All I can think is total lack of support by the school and community of St. Cloud. Half full in a 4500 seat stadium looks a lot better than 2200 people in a 11,000 seat field.

I went by SCSU's new Husky Stadium a couple weeks ago, and while I truly believe it's a million times better than Selke, they really should've at least built the first phase to seat 6,000. I'm a stadium enthusiast (currently studying architecture), and hope someday to design stadiums and arenas, so I was able to get a good idea on how it was design-wise. It's very nice looking and clean, but again, too small.

Even if the budget was a factor, I would think that SCSU could build a 1,500-seat or so visitors side made of metal bleachers. You'd be suprised as to how relatively inexpensive you can set something like that up. But even with something like that, there's bound to be not enough room for UND fans making the trip down to St. Cloud. The Bison had over 2,000 NDSU fans at Selke's last game last year, and I'd think there'd be around that number of Sioux fans at the game.

Seeing that the past SCSU attendances have basically been sell-outs, the higher-ups there are going to have to do something about the seating shortage right quick.

What a waste of money, Who builds a new field that only seats ~4.5K. I heard that SCSU plays their games at night b/c people would rather go watch St. Johns a MIAC team (NCAA DIII). That is like saying people in GF would rather drive 15 min. to watch Mayville State play than the Sioux. How can a school with a fall enrollment of 19,383 students only build a stadium for ~4.5k?? St. Johns fall enrolment 1,865, yes (one thousand eight hundred sixty five), and their stadium holds 5,500 poeple. SCSU has over 10 times the enrolment, builds a smaller stadium, and plays at night because people would rather watch the Johnnies play football. All I can think is total lack of support by the school and community of St. Cloud. Half full in a 4500 seat stadium looks a lot better than 2200 people in a 11,000 seat field.

You can't compare the tradition of SJU football to Mayville State. SJU draws well and always will. If there was any other university in GF that had big gates and shared some of the same fans, they would not play the games at the same time.

I agree the stadium seating capacity is too small. It was short sighted, but i can't bitch after years of Selke.