SiouxSports.com Forum

Charging Students For Football?

Cratter

Isn't it because they stood thoughout the game so some of the public complained.

nope, that is why we are told that we must sit unless the puck is not in play or when "appropriate" except they never really mention what is appropriate, so technically we could stand the entire time and say that we deemed it to be appropriate.

Although I agree that the noise created by the student section adds to the atmosphere of the game, I think you're insulting the players by suggesting there's no way they win some of those playoff games without the fans in the student section. They were going to win those games regardless, having the students down there making all that noise just made it more fun.

By saying this, are you are suggesting that home field advantage for the playoffs doesn't really matter? Because a big part of home field advantage is the atmosphere the fans give the home team; ask UC-Davis if you don't believe me. Otherwise, it's a neutral site game (which is what REA is sometimes, but that is another topic). If we neutralize the student section effect, home field becomes less of an advantage. And in the playoffs, you need every advantage you can get.