SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (13-16, 7-8) @ USD (19-11, 9-6) 2/29 330 PM

SWSiouxMN

UND suffered another close heartbreaking loss against Omaha.  Now UND looks to finish the regular season strong and with a .500 record in conference play as they take on the Yotes.

The Yotes find themselves in a good position to get the 3 seed in Sioux Fall and actually have this exact matchup in Round 1.  What could go wrong?  Well say they lose... and then Omaha goes up to Fargo and comes away with the win.... then they face off against an ORU squad who just took out WIU by 40 and might be ready to launch.  The Yotes are definitely good enough to win 3 games in Sioux Falls but they going to have to do it in 3 games.  They also do not want to go into Sioux Falls losers of 4 straight games.

Other Games:

WIU (2-13) @ DU (2-13):  I'm calling this the game of the day!  Don't @ me Bison fans.  It is real simple... You win, you go to Sioux Falls.  You lose, you are done for the year.  Could this be the last game for Billy Wright as head coach for WIU?

Omaha (9-6) @ NDSU (12-3): Simple for NDSU:  Win and you get a share of the conference title and the #1 seed in Sioux Falls.  Lose and you get the #2 seed.  Omaha at worst will be in the 4/5 matchup with Oral Roberts, but a win here and a USD loss would put them in the 3 seed.

Fort Wayne (6-9) @ ORU (8-7):  ORU will be in the 4/5 matchup for sure, just need to know if they will be a 4 or a 5.  Fort Wayne is the 7 seed, both teams are fight for momentum in Sioux Falls. 

The call:

I'm worried about this one:  USD has had a week to stew about the loss against SDSU and looking to send a message that they are still a big threat in Sioux Falls.  UND needs to be ready right out the chute in this one or USD will run away with it early.  They both have something to play for:  While UND cannot move up seed wise, they can help potentially get a better matchup in the 1st round (Omaha).  USD just needs to win to hold to the 4 seed.  I think USD wins by a sizable margin as Hagedorn and Umude go off.   This would mean a rematch next Sunday in Sioux Falls. 

USD 84-67

No Midco (covering NSIC Tourney) and I don't see it on ESPN3 or +

So.... IDK how this one can be watch

*A short and sweet one, I figure that since this is more than likely the matchup in Sioux Falls next week, have to save some good stuff for next Sunday.