SiouxSports.com Forum

Ask David Hale

tp033

If you log onto NewJerseyDevils.com before 4pm next Wednesday you can submit a qustion to former Sioux player David Hale. On their web page they allow you to submit a question and at the end of the week David will answer twenty of them. So, log in and ask your questions, or check out his answers next week once they are posted. It is great to see some exposure for him.

Those Q and A's are pretty cool.

Do any of you remember this?

9. Q: As a University of North Dakota fan, I was wondering if there are any memories of your time in Grand Forks that stick out in your mind more than others? Do you still continue to follow UND athletics? Kristi-Grand Forks, ND & Jesse-Bismarck, ND

A: I would have to say one of my fondest North Dakota memories was when we were playing against the University of Minnesota, Paul Martin's former team, and we came back from a 3-0 deficit with 15 minutes to go in the third period. It was exciting for me because I scored one of the goals and we ended up winning in overtime. I continue to follow UND athletics, primarily hockey. Every once in a while, I check stats on the internet, especially last year since my brother was still playing. I am definitely still a fan of hockey. I follow the USHL, the WCHA, and college hockey in general. 

I know it has happened in the past, but I honestly don't remember it in '00-'01 through '02-'03 when Hale played.

Q: As a University of North Dakota fan, I was wondering if there are any memories of your time in Grand Forks that stick out in your mind more than others? Do you still continue to follow UND athletics? Kristi-Grand Forks, ND & Jesse-Bismarck, ND

A: I would have to say one of my fondest North Dakota memories was when we were playing against the University of Minnesota, Paul Martin's former team, and we came back from a 3-0 deficit with 15 minutes to go in the third period. It was exciting for me because I scored one of the goals and we ended up winning in overtime. I continue to follow UND athletics, primarily hockey. Every once in a while, I check stats on the internet, especially last year since my brother was still playing. I am definitely still a fan of hockey. I follow the USHL, the WCHA, and college hockey in general.

Next thing you know, somebody's going to question Dave's story about being in Cambodia on Christmas eve.  :p

I was thinking the exact same thing. I will play the part of the mainstream media, and give him a pass. :ohmy:

Edit: PCM can be the mainstream media, and give him a pass.

I found the same thing. A 4-3 Sioux win in 2001-2002 where the Sioux came from behind but David didn't score. However, in 2000-2001 a 5-5 tie where David did score.

Maybe he's mixing up his games. He only played in about 90 in his Sioux career, and throw in a near death experience and who could blame him if a detail was a bit scrambled.

Edit: PCM can be the mainstream media, and give him a pass.

You can't believe what Gopher fans say. They're obviously biased against David and would prefer to see Paul Martin succeed. Only the Sioux player on the same D-pair with Hale really knows what happened. :p