SiouxSports.com Forum

WHA

#1siouxfan22

I can see how this would have a chance in some of the Canadian cities, but it surprises me that they might be able to make it work down south. These will be new teams in a new league. Will people shell out that kind of dough down there?

Wouldnt this league hurt other leagues like the major juniors. The OHL , QMJHL, and the WHL. Anyone have thoughts on this topic??

http://www.tsn.ca/headlines/main_story.asp?id=87023

It is hard to say whether or not it will be a real thorn in MJ's sides because of their (apparent) Committment to signing players who are not going to leave mid season for NHL contracts or committments.

What it is good news for is for players who are Undrafted free agents who are facing job loss should there be no NHL next year. Players like Notermann, Schneekloth, Spiewak, etc.

This is another pro league from the looks of it whose main competitor is the NHL. It may target Sidney Crosby, but who isn't?

And by the looks of it, the ticket prices are a little steep for a startup league.

This league may be good news for some players who wont make it in some other leagues. But this will hurt other leagues in taking some of the better players from teams like Crosby most likely. Some fans wont go to some of these games since the steep prices and the southern teams and teams with NHL and/or other junior teams or college teams in those cities.

I like the idea personally, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Crosby leave the Q for this league. His parents were already talking about taking him over to Europe to avoid the abuse he takes playing for Rimouski. It would be the same path Gretzky took to the NHL.