SiouxSports.com Forum

Final NHL draft rankings

Canuck

Wow, I had no idea Zajac was regarded as highly as 15th overall among NA skaters.

When is the draft going to be held?  I'm interested in seeing who drafts Zajac and the rest of our crew who are in the upcoming draft.

June 26th and 27th in Raleigh, N.C.

I didn't say size was my knock on him. :D

Look at the NHL prospects lists: The first NA skater under 5'11" is at #41.

The pros seem to like to see the small guys prove themselves (free agents in major junior or beyond) rather than spend the draft pick.

size isnt that big of a deal. look a st.louis. alot of talented players get looked over cause of size

It is a big deal to the scouts and the teams drafting the players.

Players who are smaller have to prove themselves in the league now, its too bad because there are probably a few kids who never get the chance to do just that in the NHL.

size isnt that big of a deal. look a st.louis. alot of talented players get looked over cause of size

Size is a big deal. The NHL is full of huge players. Just because St. Louis can do it, doesn't mean every small talented player can. Look at how good Panzer was, and look at how hard it has been for him to make it due to his size.