SiouxSports.com Forum

Who are the Bison

Rick

South Dakota State is no different. Maybe now that they have an equestrian team they will be more nationally known (yeah right). Their AD tried to get the school some national attention by beating his wife. Brookings ranks up there as places to visit next to Bagdad, North Pole and Council Bluffs. They think because they are D1 that the nation will figure out where they're at. The only place people know in South Dakota is Mount Hillbillymore. I will always remember them as the last state to get a D1 school.

Maverick

When I was at Newport Beach (Orange County, CA) last summer, I saw that on the window of one of the beach front houses were a bunch of college stickers. I think that NDSU had about three of them. My guess would be that college students rent that house each year and it was neat to see all the different universities. Alas, UND was not among them. ;)

Maverick #1,

I can't even believe you are in this discussion, you think anyone outside of omaha knows what or where the hell UNO is. I would bet that half of the population of Lincoln doesn't know much if anything about UNO, let alone cares. I like reading the board here because you all are as passionate about your teams as anyone, but seriously that post was ridiculous maverick.

Maverick #1,

I can't even believe you are in this discussion, you think anyone outside of omaha knows what or where the hell UNO is. I would bet that half of the population of Lincoln doesn't know much if anything about UNO, let alone cares. I like reading the board here because you all are as passionate about your teams as anyone, but seriously that post was ridiculous maverick.

Point well taken jackrabbit. I have friends in Omaha, and believe me, people there don't care about UNO let alone people elsewhere in the country. Unless it involves the team in Lincoln, Nebraskans don't care.

Look for the Jacks to be in the Big Dance within 10 years. Scott Nagy is going to take them to the "promised land" while all of us losers will be salivating over their success. First it will be sdsu as an independent then in the Mid Continent and then in the WAC and eventually to the Pac 10. Fred Oien is going to take SDSU to the Rose Bowl eventually also while the rest of us D2 losers compete for lowly NCC titles. Eventually they will be a travel partner with the Washington Huskies.

Actually the only people who truly believe that rant are the half dozen losers who populate the sdsu fan board. That fan board has been up for less than one year and some of those losers have over 1000 posts each. That is loser behavior. They need to get either a job or girlfriend to keep them busy.

I find the ebay market varies from week to week. At the same price, Dakota Field outsells the hockey arena. A 1909 UND Freshman Football real photo postcard, no one even looks at. I have only sold around 7000 items on ebay, so that's all I know.

Maybe you'd "OWN THE FARM" if you focused on UND items...you might have your own niche (OLD POSTCARDS :D ) - My suggestion is you broaden your inventory and then ( ??? ) focus on UND! I've only been selling on Ebay for 2 years but made probably $2000+ posting UND items a few hours a week, about 5 or so things at a time. You're correct timing is important! You never know who's on or what they're looking for a particular time - the point was, regardless of SUPER HIGH PRICES - UND items outsell NDSU 95% of the time...and I can prove it...

Maybe you'd "OWN THE FARM" if you focused on UND items...you might have your own niche (OLD POSTCARDS :D ) - My suggestion is you broaden your inventory and then ( ??? ) focus on UND!  I've only been selling on Ebay for 2 years but made probably $2000+ posting UND items a few hours a week,  about 5 or so things at a time.  You're correct timing is important!  You never know who's on or what they're looking for a particular time - the point was, regardless of SUPER HIGH PRICES - UND items outsell NDSU 95% of the time...and I can prove it...

This is just a part time, when I get time hobby. I only do ebay a few hours a week also. Only enough time for approx 150 items in a week. Are you sure your inventory doesn't consist of 99% UND items. $2000 a month isn't too bad. Keep up the good work, you can buy your very own farm some day. I'd have bought the farm for sure if I sold only UND stuff. ;)

It's been a long time since I worked on a farm, owned by a NDSU grad, neighbors to other farms owned NDSU grads. Lennon was pulling your leg when he made that statement, just like when he told that recruit from Winnipeg that UND would be DI in 3 years. UND has to announce soon to make the 3 year promise come true. ;)

My inventory consists of sports and Americana. I just happened to have some postcards from both schools to make the comparision. I also have the same sales percent with football and basketball publications. If you look at trading cards, right now Lamar Gordon is the top seller, followed by Dave Osborn. Kleinsasser, Hansen, Braxton, Phil Jackson are pretty cold, as is Ed Belfour. The rest are hit and miss. Dave Christian will sell great at the Roger Maris Golf Tourney show, but so will Roy Smalley and the Niekro Brothers.

SiouxMeNow Posted on May 10 2004, 02:03 AM

what part of "2 YEARS" and $2000 don't you understand. I realize compound sentences can be tough for an 'SU grad but follow along...That's about what I've made...(repeat after me) in TWO YEARS of selling UND stuff in my spare time on Ebay. One item in particular (which I won't mention!) I can buy for $5 tomorrow and sell for $15-$20 in a weeks time - but only if I don't flood the market, which would drive down the price. Patience is a virtue my bubble-gum card trading friend - volume isn't necessarily the driving force in making money.

The part where I used the wink :D smilie after the post. Good Luck with your UND items.

To your second point...who was the "WINNIPEG RECRUIT"?? Did we sign him?? Is he on the team now?? Why the hell would you tell a recruit (Dale voice) "to that end of it....we'll be DI in 3 years!" (I hope he really said "di-aa" -- you wouldn't want to give a recruit a false impression you're REALLY going Big-Time...cough, cough...) That would mean, if he was red-shirted, he'd be a Jr. in UND's "Provisional Year" and get a chance to play with the BIG MEN his SR. Year...but at least he's have something to play for in the Big Sky since they'd be accepting new members about then - but not from opposing conferences like the Great Bratwurst!! HA-HAAAA!

Donovan Alexander was the Winnipeg recruit.

THIRD and not least....Lamer Gordon is your top card?? You need to get a hold of some Zach Parise Cards - especially signed ones....they're going for about $30 right now on Ebay!!!!!!!!!!!!! (HHHAAA!!!) 

Gordon is the top NDSU or UND card. Mantle, Maris, Clemente are some of the best of the rest.