SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruiting in High School Hockey

shanleycheats

Is recruiting fair to public schools?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Is recruiting fair to public schools?

• Yes
    • No

Red River had Spooner from Williston, Krebsbach from Minot and Irmen from Fargo.

Red River also had Paul Murphy, Mark Bry and his brother, who never made a difference in their late 90's run. So the Lamoureaux kids are payback for them guys and might not be the last time it happens in the city civil war.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big problem with GF is that the school lines seem to constantly shift. I was teaching at Schroeder MS last year, and they are finally getting some kids going to Central. Ideally it would be a 50/50 split at that school now. The big difference was that these kids knew they could play due to Central having less players. Let's not forget that RR was winning titles when the Lamoureauxs ended up at Central. And they didn't even play their full careers there.

While various GF coaches and parents might push a kid one way or another, I think the kids seem to be choosing as to what is best for them.

being a new user here i would like to point out how shanleycheats, phoenixin05, #1siouxfan22 is doing a terrible job of disguising that its the same person.

With that out of the way it's terrible for you to accuse Shanley of recruitment, the school spoon-fed West Fargo talent over the years (Bosch, Lors, Graalum, Blahosky). Once they were taken away people started accusing Shanley of everything. Sounds like #1siouxfan22, shanleycheats, and phoenixin05 is just one bitter West Fargoan.

being a new user here i would like to point out how shanleycheats, phoenixin05, #1siouxfan22 is doing a terrible job of disguising that its the same person.

With that out of the way it's terrible for you to accuse Shanley of recruitment, the school spoon-fed West Fargo talent over the years (Bosch, Lors, Graalum, Blahosky). Once they were taken away people started accusing Shanley of everything. Sounds like #1siouxfan22, shanleycheats, and phoenixin05 is just one bitter West Fargoan.

Wow buddy you make it sound like West Fargo got gretzky for a bag of pucks. None of those kids made it to state with West Fargo. And all those names arent the same person so it seems ur not sherlock.

Wow buddy you make it sound like West Fargo got gretzky for a bag of pucks. None of those kids made it to state with West Fargo. And all those names arent the same person so it seems ur not sherlock.

Saying that they didn't make it to state is a horrible argument. Neither has 98% of the players you've had in the program had made it. Way to come up with a new cliche, Sherlock, your terrible

I think one of his parents got a high end job at Marvins

I'm pretty sure it was his dad who got the job. I remember his dad being really controlling with his son's hockey career. I would of had no problems if Spooner would have left at the beginning of the year, but he wins a state tennis title and then he's in Grafton playing for the spoilers.....hmmm :D

Also, Jon Bushy from EGF, who went on to play for Mankota, was in one of my classes at Moorhead State when he was playing for the Ice Sharks. He said that either Warroad or Roseau, I believe, tried to get him to play for them, but he chose to stay at EGF.

Or maybe he "wanted" to go to a different program, but it didn't work out.......;)

• 2 months later...

Yes, I really do know, and no my posts are not speculation. I think that we have spent enough time on this topic, so if you would like to send me a private email, I would be happy to explain how I know and the actual situation as explained above. :0

I think its obvious, the reason you know so much is because your son must play for them or you are some how connected with shanley.

Sean Deichert was in the Catholic school network. He actually transferred over to South because his father Tony wanted to coach him (he's the goalie coach at South) and because Shanley holds later practices. Some would say that Dean Wilson actually recruited Sean, who was in the Catholic school network his whole life.

Marc Harrie was not recruited, he has been a Burggraf kid since he was a squirt, and is not going back to South.

Trevor Anderson came to Shanley on his own because he has been in Burggraf since he was very young. He did return to West Fargo for a variety of reasons that have little to do with Shanley and more to do with missing his friends and girlfriend and academic issues.

Elliot Hitt came because they did not have high school hockey in Sioux Falls.

Would you care to go on? :0

You have to be thinking marc harrie will transfer back to south after this season shanley is going to have.

When you get out of diapers in a few years, please feel free to post. Until then, please spare us your immature and uninformed comments. :silly:

This is from the same person who said Pete Fylling "blows", a really mature thing to say about a really good kid who was also good enough to score a goal at the Chicago Showcase.

I have a question for you. In one response you say Pete Fyllling wouldn't have had a chance to play at Minot. :glare: But later in a later post you say he is good enough to make the Chicago Showcase. Now that would, possibly, make sense to me if Minot had an all-star team last year, but they really didn't. So please explain to me how you can say that. Thanks

Being good enough to play somewhere and actually getting a chance to play at that same place are two entirely different things.

Often times politics play a part in whether a player makes high school team and, therefore, it would stand to reason that someone may be good enough, but not be afforded the opportunity, to play for that program.

Being good enough to play somewhere and actually getting a chance to play at that same place are two entirely different things.

Often times politics play a part in whether a player makes high school team and, therefore, it would stand to reason that someone may be good enough, but not be afforded the opportunity, to play for that program.

I agree with the politics playing a part whether a player makes the team but if they are good enought to make Chicago Showcase but not make Minot. Wow, that would be some politics that the administration may have to look at. That just isn't your every year politics.