SiouxSports.com Forum

MafiaMan

• 2 months later...

I can't duplicate the problem and I can tell a few people have successfully changed theirs since this thread started. I assume you're trying to upload a new photo/image? After what action on your part does the error occur and what's the error message?

If we can't get this to work, I can always just upload it for you, but I wouldn't mind trying to figure it out.

Jim,

Here's the message I got. It occurred right after I picked out a file to use as the avatar. I tried several different pics to be sure it wasn't a size problem...

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

You are not allowed to upload that type of file as an avatar or personal photo

Just a shot in the dark... but I had problems with mine initially, because of the file size. Maybe double check the image file and make sure it meets the criteria. :0

Your avatar must be no bigger than 64 pixels by 64 pixels in size. Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 20 KB.

The following file types are allowed: gif .jpeg .jpg .png

Just a shot in the dark... but I had problems with mine initially, because of the file size.  Maybe double check the image file and make sure it meets the criteria. :0

Your avatar must be no bigger than 64 pixels by 64 pixels in size. Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 20 KB.

The following file types are allowed: gif .jpeg .jpg .png

Dittos. :lol: Sounds like from airmail's advice and the error description that it's an incorrect file type. If you have an image that's in a type other than those listed, I can convert it. If you need that help or if the problem isn't any of the above, email the file to me at jimdahl at siouxsports com and I'll work on it.