SiouxSports.com Forum

What about Bochenski?

01grad

Why has all of the attention regarding leaving the Sioux for the nhl been centered on Zach? I feel that Bochenski is ready too. Any word on him? Also what about Greene? I would hope they would be back, but was just wondering what the likelihood would be that they or others might leave.

Not that this necessarily means anything, but...

From the Virg Foss story on Zach Parise in today's Grand Forks Herald:

Parise was one of nine NHL draft picks on UND's roster this season.

Blais said Monday that no other underclassmen are close to signing with NHL teams - and may not.

The Devils, Blais said, are one of the few NHL teams that has money to spend.

Among other UND underclassmen who could be targeted by NHL teams, though, are Bochenski, a seventh-round selection by the Ottawa Senators in 2001; sophomore defenseman Matt Greene, a second-round pick of the Edmonton Oilers in 2002; and junior defenseman Matt Jones, a third-round selection of the Phoenix Coyotes in 2002.

Tim Hennessy said yesterday that there really is no advantage for Bochenski to leave early. Here's what Brandon said back in December:

This season, Bochenski joined the Fighting Sioux Century Club after scoring his 100th point, and is now 51st on UND's all-time scoring list with 114 points. At his current pace, he could become one of the top scorers in school history. He plans to return to UND for his senior season.

"There's no rush," he said. "I'm in a great place and I'm physically growing every year. I'm getting better every year. I'm at the facility that has the team and the coaching staff that allows players to develop rather quickly and continue to develop for four years."

A signing is a business deal.

In any business deal it takes a willing buyer with money to spend and a willing seller with wares for purchase. (Ralph Engelstad School of Business Course Number 100.)

NJD and Zach were a match right now.

I'm not sure about the other teams' situations.