SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to party? It's been a long time since GF...

UNDLAW

It's been three years since I have been to Grand Forks for a game.

That being said, and with most of my former haunts either having moved (i.e. Dagwood's) or being competed with (i.e. Buffalo Wild Wings), where is THE place to go before a Saturday game... say like 11:00 a.m. And then again at 4:00.

Any info will be much appreciated. And, show up, I will buy some drinks (i.e. Diet Coke, 7-up, ice tea with lemon ??? ).

If you are sporting a mullet, the Level Seven in East Grand Forks will be the place for you.

If you want the best bartender in town, go to the Hub and ask for Kay. Only she knows the entire history of all of the alcohol drank in that town, and by whom, since shortly after the days of Prohibition.

If you are on a low budget, look for a collection of drinkers on the 4th mile gravel road west of I-29, south of Hwy. 2.

Level Seven is still your best bet, if you are really looking to crank it up.

Muddy Waters, or Muddy Rivers, in the Townhouse dive, is also a good place.

If you are sporting a mullet, the Level Seven in East Grand Forks will be the place for you.

If you want the best bartender in town, go to the Hub and ask for Kay. Only she knows the entire history of all of the alcohol drank in that town, and by whom, since shortly after the days of Prohibition.

If you are on a low budget, look for a collection of drinkers on the 4th mile gravel road west of I-29, south of Hwy. 2.

Level Seven is still your best bet, if you are really looking to crank it up.

Muddy Waters, or Muddy Rivers, in the Townhouse dive, is also a good place.

That's not "my" picture...

I was always a Dagwood's pre-game fan... mostly because the drive was short and straight... :D ... and they had a bottle shop on sight. Is there anything within walking distance of the REA. I drove through at Christmas, but spent most of my time near the mall... speaking of by the mall... how is Buffalo Wild Wings before a game.

Trying to stay "uptown" prior to the game, and then go "downtown" after the game.

The Backdoor is still open... right? ???

That's not "my" picture...

I was always a Dagwood's pre-game fan... mostly because the drive was short and straight... :D ... and they had a bottle shop on sight. Is there anything within walking distance of the REA. I drove through at Christmas, but spent most of my time near the mall... speaking of by the mall... how is Buffalo Wild Wings before a game.

Trying to stay "uptown" prior to the game, and then go "downtown" after the game.

The Backdoor is still open... right? ???

If you are really hardcore...Head on down to McMenemies (just north of Gateway on Washington) for Saturday morning 3 for 1's. YES 3 FOR 1. I believe it gets started at 8:00am.

Some tips...You might be one of four people in the bar sporting a full set of chicklets (that provided you have a full set yourself) so don't flash the pearly whites to anyone.

Don't wear anything you don't want smelling like cigarette smoke for years to come.

I will agree, it's too bad that she gets off work so early. I've worked there for almost 1.5 years, and I think that I've gotten to work with her for a total of maybe 10 minutes... ???

I have had a few with Kay myself and its great that people recognize her being a great bartender. Not the kind that pours the best drinks but she is one of the friendliest people I know. I do know her age I was blown away when I found out.

In fact one time of their staff members who has curly brown hair recognized that we had too much to drink and warmed up her van to give us a ride home. We ended up catching a cab and her battery went dead because she left the light on. She wasn't upset in the least. I will endorse The Hub any day of the week.

The Spud Bar ??? or The Antique

If you're going to the Spud you might as well stop & have one at Shenanigans. :D

I do believe that Southgate, Whitey's, Big Daddy's, and other bars run a shuttle to and from the Ralph. I think it costs a dollar and you get a free drink upon arriving safely back at the establishment from where you left.

In fact one time of their staff members who has curly brown hair recognized that we had too much to drink and warmed up her van to give us a ride home. We ended up catching a cab and her battery went dead because she left the light on. She wasn't upset in the least. I will endorse The Hub any day of the week.

That's the owner of the bar, Rae. She always seems to give the people that have had one too many a ride home. ???

If you're going to the Spud you might as well stop & have one at Shenanigans. :D

I do believe that Southgate, Whitey's, Big Daddy's, and other bars run a shuttle to and from the Ralph. I think it costs a dollar and you get a free drink upon arriving safely back at the establishment from where you left.

That's pretty cool.

How about Dagwood's... do they have a shuttle. Tryin to stay up in that NW quadrant before the game... then celebrate "the cup" (fingers crossed) downtown.

Any "shuttle" updates would be great.

Thanks.