SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA FINAL 5

Snake10

I would gues at 7:05 as they play the winners of the paly-in game held the night before and it seems unreasonable to have that team play less then 24 hours later.

Heh...uh, yeah...that would be UNREASONABLE, now wouldn't it... :p

1. heh heh, and you guys just about pulled it off.

2. As for this year, just be taking care of business and it looks like you'll get the afternoon semifinal....

1. They made me very proud last year. Everyone in the section around me was commenting on our conditioning, and heart.

2. Playing in the afternoon semi would be a godsend. If they can win it, they will have more rest for the Final.

Their are only a couple scenarios that I can come up with that would keep UND out of the evening semi-final. None is likely.

1. UND loses in the first round. :p

2. Gophers finish 4th and UW chokes to AA. That would put the Gophs and UMD in the evening semi.

I'd pretty much bank on UND playing Friday evening.

Plain and simple, if the Gophers are playing on Friday, they are playing at night. Any other team that wins the 4/5 game plays at 2:05 Friday afternoon. that is the way it is. Fair? No. But it is what it is, so everyone knows the hand they are dealt. Sure the gophs can deal off the bottom of the deck, but that is the way it is. :p

Better question... will the Final Five be on Fox SportsNet, or did Victory Sports get it?

I looked for the article to back this up but I couldn't find it so I am doing this from memory.

Four of the five games will be televised on Fox Sports Net - North. The 2:00 game on Friday is the only one not scheduled as of now.

The NCAA regional rights are owned by Victory.

I looked for the article to back this up but I couldn't find it so I am doing this from memory.

Four of the five games will be televised on Fox Sports Net - North. The 2:00 game on Friday is the only one not scheduled as of now.

The NCAA regional rights are owned by Victory.

Why would a semifinal not be on TV, but the play-in is?? Simply because the Goofers will be in the play in? Or because not enough people will watch hockey at 2 in the afternoon on a work-day (those that will are probably at the game anyway)?

Why would a semifinal not be on TV, but the play-in is?? Simply because the Goofers will be in the play in? Or because not enough people will watch hockey at 2 in the afternoon on a work-day (those that will are probably at the game anyway)?

not enough people to watch...I don't think the Friday afternoon semi has ever been televised.

Since the Sioux will finish in FIRST PLACE. They will play the winner of the Thursday game. Which will most likely be Denver over the Goofers.

I belive in the past the First place Team has played the afternoon game. This is done to allow them the easiest route to the championship by playing a tired play in team winner from Thursday nights game. Of course if the Goofers do make it to the Final 5 and they do win the play in game they would get to play the night game. This would happen becasue they are the Goofers and they seem to make the rules in the WCHA. I of course don't agree with it but that seems to be how it is. After all Minnesota is the " State of hockey". That being said it is funny, I have lived in the Twin Cities since 1992 and the NEWS Papers and TV Sports shows hardly ever mention hockey. Basketball, Baseball and Football all dominate the airwaves but not much on hockey. Alos to get any info on college hocky one must use the internet. If the Goofers loose the story is burried in the back of the sports section. If they win it is front page. Very very odd. The other oddity is I find myself starting to like Doug Woog. He seems to defend the Sioux when the games were on FSN now that he isn;t coaching. Very odd.