SiouxSports.com Forum

2003-2004

dagies

I hope the Sioux do well in 2003 - 2004.  I think that the coaching staff and fans should be thinking about how strong the team may be but I think it is the best when the team overachieves and gets it done like 97 and 2000...

I would love to see another group of sioux seniors get two rings.  I think they can do it if they win the tough games that they have on the schedule and win the ones that they should win.  By the end the good sophmores and freshman will help the remaining sioux seniors get some more big wins in the playoffs.  

Hold on and enjoy the ride.  I think coach enjoys overachieving as much as we enjoy watching it.  The boys will be ready and it should be a great year next year.  

ONE GAME AT Time

HECK one shift at a time..

I am sure ready for the up-coming hockey season, I think about all of the possibilities that the Young UND hockey team can accomplish. I can hardly wait. Watching the NHL playoffs has really got me excited for watching a few games this winter.

The 64,000.00 question is going to be who is going to score this season? I am sure that Blaiser is going to be a sleep at the switch.

Murray will be playing for Salmon Arm, BC.  His dad (Andy Murray) is a part owner in the Salmon Arm team.

Dagies,

Murray is too good to play an additional year in juniors.  Many people say he is better than Parise.  I saw him play quite a bit in youth hockey when he was with the Winnipeg Tuxedo Express.  The Express was comprised of former Winnipeg Jets kids (Andy Murray, Randy Carlisle, and several others).  They would come down for youth tournaments and clean up on the competition.  Scores of 14 to 3 were common.

Blais should have an abundance of scoring punch in 2003-4, unless the soph's simply don't develop.  Last season was tough to watch, but we all know the achievements of these guys prior to college and they certainly should develop into a very high-scoring Sioux team.

Its great that Murray is going to the BCHL for a year.  He'll still be young when he comes to UND, but at least he'll have played at a higher level for awhile.  More talented than Parise?  That's quite an endorsement.

Hopefully, Blais can take the team far into the playoffs this season.  In 2003-4, it seems as if these guys should be good enough to make the frozen four.  It all depends on whether the coaching staff can get them to play a complete game.  With a bottom-heavy team, there is less senior influence on the younger guys, and that can sometimes be an obstacle to their development.

I agree that it doesn't seem likely that Murray would spend an additional year in juniors.  Better than Parise?  My, that would be something.  Let's hope they both can translate their talent to the D1 level.

I would like to see him play more, that is for sure.  I saw one Shattuck game this year and Murray was fun to watch.  Speedy, and good on the boards.