SiouxSports.com Forum

Adjusting Expectations

geaux_sioux

There are already empty seats down south - quite sure I could get a ticket to a game there once deer season start. I don't really see the value of all your negative posts doesn't change anything doesn't create any kind of positive dialogue but it's a free country just hope you don't walk around with the same kind of attitude. Life's too short find something to enjoy about the season and life. 

Thank you for the concern, but I am quite happy actually. My hope in pointing out the negatives is that someone in a position of power will read this and come to the realization that the current path the athletic department is on will not work. There are ways to possibly fix things and turn the tide but they would take some drastic measures. I'm not sure anyone at this University has that kind of fortitude.

Thank you for the concern, but I am quite happy actually. My hope in pointing out the negatives is that someone in a position of power will read this and come to the realization that the current path the athletic department is on will not work. There are ways to possibly fix things and turn the tide but they would take some drastic measures. I'm not sure anyone at this University has that kind of fortitude.

You are right that negatives need to be pointed out and I apologize if I come off as hot-headed. But UND is like my second home and I have watched us slowly sink into the mire of mediocrity in several sports. And it is just getting real old. The good news is that a change is coming in the President's office and I hope that leads to some changes in the Athletic Department. Because our fans deserve better.

• Upvote 2

You are right that negatives need to be pointed out and I apologize if I come off as hot-headed. But UND is like my second home and I have watched us slowly sink into the mire of mediocrity in several sports. And it is just getting real old. The good news is that a change is coming in the President's office and I hope that leads to some changes in the Athletic Department. Because our fans deserve better.

There is no need to apologize. I appreciate the debate and understand that others are passionate and may think differently than I do. And I agree that the change at president will be a very good thing for this University. Hopefully some other changes in the athletic department are made as well.

• Upvote 2

It is time for everyone to stand behind the football players of the University of North Dakota. The players chose this school, they play with pride for this school. They get hurt, they stay up late to finish school work, traveling in airplanes to every away game.(exhausting)  Devoting untold amounts of time that most people don't understand unless they are close to a person on the team. They get raked over the coals, analyzed with great intensity. The senior class has spent most of the time in upheaval with coaches coming and going and other players leaving the team and the school.

These are great young men playing for a great university.They are not perfect  but they deserve credit for getting up every day and doing it all again.  Very, Very proud to be a fan of this group of players.

You are a true fan and couldn't have said it better. Think how it must feel to come out and not have anyone cheering you on. Wish I had a copy of a recent article stating how these football players should be paid 1000's to play for all the money they bring into the school. They are hurt and sometimes injured for life.  More on this later my batteries are almost out. I for one am behind them all the way, win or lose.