SiouxSports.com Forum

The better arena

tboneund

Where would you rather watch a Sioux hockey game in Grand Forks?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you rather watch a Sioux hockey game in Grand Forks?

• The Old Engelstad
    • The New REA

The new arena may be a great recruiting tool and all but to me there is no comparison in atmosphere and intimidation factor with the old Ralph. The main disappointment to me in the new arena is the corporate influence and the lack of atmosphere, it feels like a pro hockey atmosphere. The biggest donors get the best seats and half the time they don't show up and when they do they sit on their hands. I realize money rules the day but something needs to be done to bring back the Sioux home ice advantage.

In terms of atmosphere, the old arena wins. But you people SERIOUSLY have to get over the fact that it is GONE!!! Can we all please quit pi$$ing and moaning about the new arena being too this, too that, blah, blah, and just DO SOMETHING about it?!? To HE&& with Chucky Kupchella, he's never going to be happy with the students, BIG DEAL!!! The students should go out of their way to be the loudest, most-enthusiastic, and yet non-vulger group of fans college sports has ever heard of...

I am on the side of the students, having been one not too long ago myself, but I also feel that they need to be more organized and creative in their rooting for the team, maybe then the non-student fans will catch on to what is being done and join them... :) It takes time to teach an extra 5-6 thousand so-called fans to bleed green and white, you know... if the rest of us just have paitence, they will come around.