SiouxSports.com Forum

Jackguy....where are you now?

legend334

Jackguy....hope your here watching tonight....this kicking that was just given to your WBB team....and I mean kicking....told you that you had better get a win on friday because it wasnt happening Sat....and Bison fans better get ready too...on a neutral regional court....UND will beat NDSU as well...if it is in Concordia....

He's hiding somewhere. And Legend, what do you go on here during halftime of the men's game? Get to work, balls need to be polished. You don't see a "good" team get their asses handed to them by 26 too often, when was the last time Duke, UConn, Arizona, the Tennessee women, the Sioux women got it handed to them by that margain in a regular season game. The new regional and national rankings will be interesting, NDSU beats UND 2 xs, NDSU loses to SDSU, but the Sioux hand the Rabbits a backhand to the face that even Fred Oien would appreciate.

It was definitely a great performance by the women last night. Leighton and Boese are the best one-two punch in the league. There are also some definite parallels between UND's home games with SDSU in both football and women's basketball. On the road, it's almost always going to be tight, but at home, the games are nearly always blow-outs. It's been 7 or 8 years since SDSU has come within 12 points of the Sioux at Hyslop, and many of those games have been very one-sided, including a 24-point win last year and a 38-point win two years ago.

Nice win you kicked the Lady Jacks tail. However, I think we are very satisfied with a 3-1 roadtrip to North Dakota. May I remind you before you rant too much we split with the UND women and will see what happens on a neutral floor. This was my first trip to Grand Forks and Hyslop. The SDSU traveling contingent far exceeds anything I have ever seen from the Sioux in Brookings. I liked the city of Grand Forks but Hyslop is another matter (what a dump). I have a new appreciation for Glas recruiting abilities after experiencing Hyslop. Seems to be a lot more support for the Womens program rather than the men as I was amazed how many people left after the womens game and left early in the second half after the Jacks got up big and before UND would make its run. You would never see that at Frost. Maybe everyone was racing over to the Ralph to watch your beloved hockey team get their ass kicked 4-1 by something called Colorado College. I did go over and walk around the ralph during the Womens hockey game and how can't you be impressed. Just amazed you would play any game at Hyslop when you have that kind of facility on the other side of campus. Seems someone is getting wise to the fact that maybe you can play something other than Hockey at the Ralph. My only regret is the #5 ranked SDSU mens team didn't get a chance to play there. I follow the womens team and am dissapointed by there effort. I'm much more of a SDSU Mens Basketball fan and at 23-3 and leading the conference feel good about what this team accomplished this weekend and what's to come. I don't think we have to worry about the Sioux again until you have enough guts to schedule us or move up to DI. On a side note Glas and Nagy had a very cordial conversation before the game and then Glas made a point to go over and shake Matt Jones hand. No fireworks from Nagy or AD Oien who was in attendence. I still say those posters made a lot more of last years incident than reality. Enjoy life in watered down DII!

Do you only talk about games that you win on this forum or do the fairies on this forum only care about womens sports?

Apparently you didn't look very hard -- the thread directly below this one currently is 250 posts of discussion about men's basketball, including the most recent loss to SDSU.

BTW -- stop with the homosexual/personal slurs; that stuff doesn't fly around here.

I guess the boss has spoken and I better watch myself. Must have hit something close to home.

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say. You were complaining about lack of discussion about the men's game, so I pointed out that you were incorrect and that it does actually exist. I also requested that you continue to contribute meaningfully to the discussion (in which you do seem interested, as per your 1:17 post) and avoid senseless name-calling (as in your 1:47 post) that really is detrimental to the conversation.

I suspect your problem is with the latter, but why don't you be a little more direct and tell me exactly what your concern is and we can deal with it accordingly. Preferably drop me an email or PM so we don't have to pollute the forums with even more off-topic banter.

Jim, a thread was started to determine where I was at and I responded I was at Hyslop watching the Women get whipped and see are #5 men beat UND and go 23-3 in front a small crowd that had a porportional number of Jack fans. There was no meaningful discussion about last nights game on the Mens thread and I find it amusing that a bunch of posters want to chirp about how fantastic your womens team is and not acknowledge there was a second game that was the real reason I drove to Fargo and Grand Forks. My choice of words in my second post was probably poor. Bottom line Legend 234 is if you want to call me out than have the guts to discuss the entire evening rather than just the part you liked.

i did call you out.....how did you think that i backed off?? I havent been on here...and your Men's team should have won......your ranked #7 in the country....and our men's team with 5 scholarship players left gave your men a bigger scare than the Bison men gave you the night before.....your women are lucky they didnt get swept on this trip either NDSU up by 19 at half.....lucky.....i do gurantee you that no one will beat UND in the regional if its not at NDSU or at SDSU if it is at Concordia.....UND will be going to the elite 8.....write it down now...

jack....at least get my name right.....how am i supposed to give you any creditbility if you cant even do that. .......and dont you mean you want to discuss the part of the night that went well for SDSU.....which if Rypkema hadnt fouled out we would have gotten the sweep too.....i was rather disappointed watching the SDSU men's team was expecting much more....they didnt show me much.....you have two players thats it.....and i gurantee Schantz doesnt shoot that well every night and Moeller shot better than he has too......your big men are garbage.....you better hope Jones comes back or you guys will win the conference and do your usual disappearance act......one and barbecue in the regionals....which is SDSU trademark.....

Jim, a thread was started to determine where I was at and I responded I was at Hyslop watching the Women get whipped and see are #5 men beat UND and go 23-3 in front a small crowd that had a porportional number of Jack fans. There was no meaningful discussion about last nights game on the Mens thread and I find it amusing that a bunch of posters want to chirp about how fantastic your womens team is and not acknowledge there was a second game that was the real reason I drove to Fargo and Grand Forks. My choice of words in my second post was probably poor. Bottom line Legend 234 is if you want to call me out than have the guts to discuss the entire evening rather than just the part you liked.

How's this then. The higher ranked Rabbits women's team got absolutley anhiliated by a lower ranked Sioux team. The higher ranked Rabbit men just about got beat in what turned out to be a pretty exciting game against a struggling, injury-riddled Sioux men's team. But almost only counts in hand-grenades, horseshoes, and nuclear missles, it was a good game nonetheless. Rabbit women looked terrible in a game where both teams had over 20 turnovers, I like UND's chances in another game with them, Roebuck played the match-up game with SDSU's coach very well. Rabbit men looked very beatable, another good team with a full lineup and compitent big man has a shot against them, their inside defense looked like the Sioux's defensive rebounding, much was lacking. No one in their right mind expected UND to win the game, hence the lack of discussion of the men's game. The Sioux played fairly well, but to expect more would've called for some hurculian efforts. Some of my accessments.

Interesting and funny to note on the SDSU board that Jackguy posted that Rype is a jerk and a headcase. Don't know what, how, or why a person whould ever get that opinion of Rype, he's probably the quietest, least emotional, least contreversial human being I have ever seen or known in my life. I'll call Josh Cerveny in shape then since perceptions of reality are so scewed. Kind of ironic coming from people who consider Fred Oien a great man, they must have the definitions of the words great, jerk, and headcase mixed up.

legend 234 , maybe your not impressed with the jacks and that's fine. Consider this the jacks played a terrible game shooting 38% from the field and 60% from the line and we still beat you on the road. You were outrebounded 46-32 which doesn't say much for this talented front line you think you have. While UND was playing a patsy non-conference schedule and getting beat by Mary, Bemidgi,SW Minn and Duluth the Jacks went 17-0 in the non-conf beating #13 Michigan Tech on the road,#18 Philadelphia, #19 Kennesaw State and then ranked Northern Ky. I guarantee Glas and the UND players know we have more than 2 talented players. The fact is we only needed Moeller and Schantz to play well to beat you. When starters Matt Jones and Joe Green return we will have one of the deepest teams in the country. The bottom line is your a non factor on the mens side and we need to worry more about our new DI rival to the south NDSU. How do you lose to Univ of Mary with at that time your full compliment of players! With the North Dakota sweep the jacks will be moving up to #4, not bad for a team that your dissapointed in.

Having more than 5 scholarships players available didn't help you against Mary. You think we are going to feel sorry for you. The Jacks had four starters out last year and still advanced to the finals in the regionals. Glas can't hold Nagy's jock strap. Not are fault you can't keep players healthy and wanting to stay in the program.

When starters Matt Jones and Joe Green return we will have one of the deepest teams in the country.

SDSU is a good team, not as good as I would have thought, though. And when will the Jack nation figure out that Matt Jones probably won't return to the court this year, and even if he does he cannot be counted on for much production at all having missed at least 2 months to this point, practicing little if at all, not being in basketball shape and having his normal great hops. I hope the guy can reuturn, but even the eternal optimist would have trouble agreeing that he will be a factor with the end of the season a bit more then a month away and no sign of him practicing, let alone playing in the foreseeable 1 week at the very minimum. He is good, but he is not Michael Jordan, he's played 1 year in the NCC, his presence alone does not strike fear into people eyes knowing he has done nothing but sit on his rear for the last 2 months.