SiouxSports.com Forum

Leave the Mascots Alone

Fifth Line

Breaking news out of the St Cloud Fish Wrap reports that once again that a Sioux fan has had an incident with JBSU's mascot "Blizzard" during the January 3rd Sioux/Husky hockey game (It happened Jan. 3rd, but it is breaking news. Must have been a slow news day). It mentioned the accused name, however I don't feel it necessary to mention his name here so we will just refer to him as "Duke" (If you read the article, you will get the nickname"). Allegedly, the Duke was approached by Blizzard who was looking to give him a little hug. The Duke, who according to police had a blood alcohol level over the legal limit for driving, took offense to the hug and a agument insued. The Duke was asked to leave the arena at which time he allegedly returned and security was notified. He was reported that he became verbally abusive to a officers and had told them that he should get a break because he was going to be a police officer and that police had always giving him a break in the past. His argument must have worked because the Duke was awarded with a night in the St Cloud Hokie.

Although I don't condone this type of behavior, I applaud Sioux fans for setting precendent with the oppositions mascots. Maybe now that BULL down at MSU or Prowler the Tiger at CC will think twice about harassing us.

For the Duke I can only say that maybe the next time you are in St Cloud your argument should be that you were a member of PETA and you were just protested the cruel and unusal treatment of sled dogs and that your actions were just to display the many years of hardships that sled dogs before Blizzard have endured.

You can't tell a story like that without including the link

I just entered the 21st century and am still learning my way around the computer. I wanted to include the link, but was not sure how. Also, I live in cloudy town and was reporting from the actual paper. If anyone would like to give a adding links for dummies lesson, feel free. The advice will be well received on my end for future use. :lol:

I was once at a Sioux/Denver game in the new Denver ice arena, (after having one too many) when their silly looking eagle/hawk or whatever the heck it was came down to me. He was making fun of the only Sioux jersey in the area. I tried to wave him off, but he grabbed my UND hat and did the fake stomp to it on the ground. He gave it back to me and I stood up, grabbed his "tail feather" and told him to take his feathers up to the rafter and dust off those "1960's" national championship banners. Almost immediately after, UND scored the game winning goal right in front of us...the mascot sheepishly left. :lol: I'm sure Blais planned it that way....

On my way out that night, that Mascot high fived me....

This might have happened.....................

While at Mariucci, Goldy was giving me and some friends a little grief about wearing our sioux garb, I playfully gave Goldy a little headslap and knocked the mascots head off and to everyone's surprise it was Doug Woog!!! :lol: