SiouxSports.com Forum

How's your handwriting?

UNDBIZ

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/26/tech/web/impact-technology-handwriting/index.html?hpt=hp_bn5

Has technology ruined handwriting?

Semi-ambidextrous Nicholas Cronquist rebelled against third-grade cursive lessons.

"I remember I hated it and I told my teacher I thought it was dumb," he says.

Cronquist, now 26, eventually learned to like using his left hand to inscribe strings of words. But typing papers while at the University of North Dakota and choosing a career rooted in technology drastically decreased the amount he wrote by hand, causing writing in cursive to become uncomfortable and painful.

So he switched to printing right-handed while still signing his name with the left.

"I don't even think I know how to write in cursive anymore," says Cronquist, who now lives and works in Laos.

My handwriting has gotten worse....but it is not to the point where it is painful. Then again, I was always one who had to write out at least the first part of the paper before she started typing. So, I spent time writing as well as typing. I also have a job where I spend a good portion of the day on a computer, but I still have to write during the course of the day as well.