SiouxSports.com Forum

New Hire?

Sioux'01

The rumors I have heard is that he may go outside the organization for the replacement. If so, I would asume that he may be doing so for recruiting purposes - bring in someone who has great ties to an area where we would like to have better results.

At this point, I am sure the replacement will not be announced until after the signing period. A new coach would have little influence on recruiting and Lennon does not have the time to devote to the interview process, etc. now.

He was. I'm surprised one of the most "plugged in" Bison fans didn't know that. :)

From today's Forum.

Babich update

Inside information

Linebackers coach Bob Babich, the former NDSU head coach who was the first assistant hired by new Chicago Bears head coach Lovie Smith, remains a candidate for the defensive coordinator position, according to the Chicago Tribune newspaper.

• 4 weeks later...

You are correct: he is listed in their Directory but not on their page of football coaches. I checked the NCC website and he was definitely there this past year.

I just thought that it was kind of strange how they worded it "a former assistant....". I guess the minute he decided to leave, he became a "former" assistant.