SiouxSports.com Forum

Dog attack

Redneksioux

Very true. Thank god the victim lived. By all means I'm not trying to defend the actions of the dogs. The owner should be held accountable but I don't think much will come of a lawsuit for the victim. I'm no PETA activist but I cannot believe that 15 dogs were destroyed just like that right on the spot.

I feel that there should be some sort of legal process before killing a dog. Generally a completely fucked up situation though, the guy is lucky to not be dog food.

Any animal that causes harm to another person like these dogs did should be destroyed immediately. Animals don't have constitutional rights.

If an animal takes a bite out of my kid, other kids, or other people (except in the case of protecting one's own home), that animal is a goner with no right to a trial.

An animal potentially exposed to a rabies wild animal is gone too.

• Upvote 1

Any animal that causes harm to another person like these dogs did should be destroyed immediately. Animals don't have constitutional rights.

If an animal takes a bite out of my kid, other kids, or other people (except in the case of protecting one's own home), that animal is a goner with no right to a trial.

An animal potentially exposed to a rabies wild animal is gone too.

Maybe I'm too much of a dog lover but I feel this should be on the dog owner rather than the dogs. And as reported on wdaz earlier today. 15 dogs were destroyed. I have no inside information as to how they were destroyed but it was reported on wdaz last night that shots were fired and today that dogs that were destroyed were staked down. I understand that dogs don't have constitutional rights and so on but shouldn't these dogs be given a chance and euthanized humanely at the very least? It was reported a veterinarian was on hand but was it confirmed that every dog destroyed on the spot had rabies?

Maybe I'm too much of a dog lover but I feel this should be on the dog owner rather than the dogs. And as reported on wdaz earlier today. 15 dogs were destroyed. I have no inside information as to how they were destroyed but it was reported on wdaz last night that shots were fired and today that dogs that were destroyed were staked down. I understand that dogs don't have constitutional rights and so on but shouldn't these dogs be given a chance and euthanized humanely at the very least? It was reported a veterinarian was on hand but was it confirmed that every dog destroyed on the spot had rabies?

The dogs were euthanized by a vet, except one dog that was stabbed with a steak knife by the owner in front of the deputies and vet.

The dogs didn't have rabies (but just interjected that into the conversation as under most public health laws dogs potentially exposed to the rabies vector would be put down), but the dogs were fed a diet of potato chips, so they seemed to have regressed in behavior to pack hunters just to eat.

Clearly the owner had major issues, and the dogs suffered for it.

When deputies went to the farm Monday, Grzeskowiak was initially cooperative, helping them and the vet euthanize four of the dogs after searching for them on his property, according to Wild. But Grzeskowiak began to get upset and argued with deputies over which dogs should be euthanized.

According to a court complaint, Grzeskowiak told the deputies he would euthanize the dogs himself and ordered them to leave. He then “took a large steak knife, picked up one of his smaller dogs, put a large steak knife to the dog’s throat and stabbed the dog repeatedly in the neck.”

Grzeskowiak took a Rottweiler inside his home, and prevented deputies from entering.

After he was arrested and removed from the property Monday, deputies put down eight more of the dogs.

During the search, people in the surrounding area stopped outside the farm to watch. They said they had long worried about the dogs but would not give their name, saying they didn’t want anything to do with Grzeskowiak.

The court complaint alleges that Grzeskowiak was not feeding his dogs properly. After searching his property, deputies failed to find any dog food. Instead, they found several bags of potato chips that they believe he used to feed the dogs.

The complaint said deputies have learned that “Grzeskowiak was letting the dogs loose at night to hunt for food.”

This is much more detail than was originally reported. Not to change the subject but not sure why it takes forum communications so many goes to get some details and substance on a story. They did originally report he had killed one of his dogs and that a vet was on the scene. But they originally reported and this was last night that there was a standoff and shots were fired so maybe I came to conclusions.

Either way it's sad that the owner of these dogs is the one who should be held accountable when ultimately it was the helpless animals that paid the price.

The only way to know if a dog has rabies is by taking a sample from their brain. The only way to do this is to put down the dog. Since all the dogs were with each other they all had to be put down. I love dogs to no end but they really had no choice here. These were not dogs anymore in the sense we think of dogs. They were wild animals that were a danger. What were they suppose to do with the dogs? Take to the human society to be adopted?

The only way to know if a dog has rabies is by taking a sample from their brain. The only way to do this is to put down the dog. Since all the dogs were with each other they all had to be put down. I love dogs to no end but they really had no choice here. These were not dogs anymore in the sense we think of dogs. They were wild animals that were a danger. What were they suppose to do with the dogs? Take to the human society to be adopted?

Yet it was reported yesterday the final dog was killed upon entering the house on Tuesday. The dog was found laying quietly in a bedroom. It seems as if they assumed every one of these dogs was a dangerous killer.

Yet it was reported yesterday the final dog was killed upon entering the house on Tuesday. The dog was found laying quietly in a bedroom. It seems as if they assumed every one of these dogs was a dangerous killer.

Living up to your name? If you bothered to pay attention where were the remains sent and why?