SiouxSports.com Forum

Who's stuck going home part II

yababy8

Well, we planned and extra day to go to BlackHawk and gamble a bit... but small problem blackhawk is closed... no buses/ no casion employees... so we are still in the DU area and going to Dave and Busters here in a few to watch hockey. Hoping tomorrows flights are still going to make it.

Esox

We experienced a little deja vu wiith the weather. My son and his gf made it back to OK with only an hour delay in their flight. I booked a seat at 7:30 am on line with Frontier to Bismarck when I found out I couldn't fly out on Delta and rode back to GF with a friend. He had driven to Bismarck to fly out from there to the game. Two others in our group are stuck in Denver until Tuesday if they don't get seats tomorrow. It doesn't look good for them.

Braved the storm, and it wasn't terrible by ND standards. Left at 11am after digging about 5" off my car. Visibility was decent, but snow was heavy and wet. Took nearly 3 hours to get from the DU campus area to Fort Collins. Lots of idiots, accidents, and cars in the ditch. The rest of my trek back to Rapid City wasn't bad either, some blowing snow near Cheyenne. Turned a 6 hour drive into 9 hours, but I made it with nothing major to report.

Braved the storm, and it wasn't terrible by ND standards. Left at 11am after digging about 5" off my car. Visibility was decent, but snow was heavy and wet. Took nearly 3 hours to get from the DU campus area to Fort Collins. Lots of idiots, accidents, and cars in the ditch. The rest of my trek back to Rapid City wasn't bad either, some blowing snow near Cheyenne. Turned a 6 hour drive into 9 hours, but I made it with nothing major to report.

Good to hear.