SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota recruits

Gophs

Both are Grafton projects ...It's been a while for Grafton players, but Mahulka and Schwartz (excuse my spelling, its been a while) played for the Sioux in the mid-70's...Mahulka was a big, powerful defenseman - I remember him just about knocking out one of the Bye's from Devils Lake at a home game... Schwartz came back to Grafton to coach that team for a few years. I'm not sure if he's the coach now, but I think he coached both Sando and Lindenberg.

While it is nice to see the Panzers, Schneiders, etc. wear the Sioux uniform, I really don't care where we get our players. And quite frankly, I'm pretty pleased Blais & Co. have rediscovered hockey in western Canada, probably the best breeding ground for tough hockey players around IMO. :)

While it is nice to see the Panzers, Schneiders, etc. wear the Sioux uniform, I really don't care where we get our players. And quite frankly, I'm pretty pleased Blais & Co. have rediscovered hockey in western Canada, probably the best breeding ground for tough hockey players around IMO. :)

I agree with that statement. Its nice to see the ND in the fighting Sioux jerseys boys but I like the fact that we are getting some of the gritty guys from the prairies of western Canada. I'd like to see UND look into getting a goalie from B.C. with some size now.

In refering to gritty its awesome having Mike P and what he brings to the table, tough, mean and gritty are the first things that come to mind...

I happen to be from Grafton, so I might be a little biased. However, I agree that Jesse Lindenberg would be a be good recruit for the Sioux. Not because he is from North Dakota, but because he seems to be a diamond in the rough. He is an extremely talented player that plays a style that helps his team enormously without being too flashy (thus often often being underated, at least in my opinion). I think that he would fill a void in the Sioux defense (not that they aren't good already). He is not huge - I am guessing the he is about 6 feet even and 190 pounds, but having a watched him play a decent amount though the years I have always been amazed with how consistently he is able to the make the safe, intelligent play quickly - especially on breakouts.

Drew Sando is good too. Probably not as consistent, but can be explosive at times.