SiouxSports.com Forum

Northern Arizona Attendance

Matt

South Dakota, so that helped. 2010 was SUU and 2011 was Cal-Poly.

2010 was our 3 win (I want to bury memories of that) season so I can see why it may have dropped off, then 2011 with a piss poor schedule it was hard to get fans back into their seats.

if it wasn't for the surge in student attendance, those numbers would be bad.

I other words good work to the people helping get the students out to games.

And the numbers would have stayed close to where they were if the students had come all the way through the process. It just shows that students are an important part of the games.

Attendance after 3 games (compared to other years in transition)

2012: 27,588

2011: 23,436

2010: 27,900

2009: 28,732

Averages after 3 games

2012: 9,196

2011: 7,812

2010: 9,300

2009: 9,577

So we are getting back to 2009 levels that's a start. If we finish with a winning record we should be in great shape in 2013 with 7 home games against good teams like SDSU, Montana (non-conference), MSU, and Eastern Washington.

• Upvote 1

Greetings UND fans and welcome to the Big Sky. I was really hoping to make it up to Grand Forks for the NAU game but time and money won't allow. I spent my summers in grade/high school in Fargo with my aunt and uncle and have relatives spread through Bismarck, Jamestown, Valley City, Oakes, Fargo and a few shirt-tail relatives in Grand Forks. I'm excited to see what UND can do in the Big Sky in all sports but don't envy the travel your teams will have to do.

Expect maybe 50-100 NAU parents/family members at the game. The Lumberjacks alum fanbase in that part of the world isn't what it is on the west coast.

NAU's team is having a great start to their season. Bauman is a beast and NAU has a definite run-first approach on offense but their qb has shown the ability to consistently limit turnovers, make good decisions and play within his limits. Special teams has been surprisingly positive considering the kicker and punter are both brand new. Shanks on punt returns has been lightning in a bottle. Defense has played better this year then in the past few and that seems to be due to a wealth of depth and few injuries. NAU has a well earned rep of tailing off towards the middle/end of the season so you never know what will happen.

Get ready for the Griz. They will bring a sizeable contingent of fans across the plains to Grand Forks. They're knowledgeable, pretty fun to interact with and act much more graciously in person than a few of their vocal minority do on the internet.

Greetings UND fans and welcome to the Big Sky. I was really hoping to make it up to Grand Forks for the NAU game but time and money won't allow. I spent my summers in grade/high school in Fargo with my aunt and uncle and have relatives spread through Bismarck, Jamestown, Valley City, Oakes, Fargo and a few shirt-tail relatives in Grand Forks. I'm excited to see what UND can do in the Big Sky in all sports but don't envy the travel your teams will have to do.

Expect maybe 50-100 NAU parents/family members at the game. The Lumberjacks alum fanbase in that part of the world isn't what it is on the west coast.

NAU's team is having a great start to their season. Bauman is a beast and NAU has a definite run-first approach on offense but their qb has shown the ability to consistently limit turnovers, make good decisions and play within his limits. Special teams has been surprisingly positive considering the kicker and punter are both brand new. Shanks on punt returns has been lightning in a bottle. Defense has played better this year then in the past few and that seems to be due to a wealth of depth and few injuries. NAU has a well earned rep of tailing off towards the middle/end of the season so you never know what will happen.

Get ready for the Griz. They will bring a sizeable contingent of fans across the plains to Grand Forks. They're knowledgeable, pretty fun to interact with and act much more graciously in person than a few of their vocal minority do on the internet.

Welcome to the board, and first congratulations on the huge win at Montana. That made everyone stand up and take notice on NAU. Everyone is excited to be in the Big Sky and try to compete for the playoffs after being in the GWFC for the last 4 years. UND is 0-2 against NAU so we hope to "steal" a win next Saturday against the Jacks. So again welcome to the board, should be a good game, big crowd, its UND's homecoming, and good luck the rest of the season.