SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Standings

airmail

Who would have guessed that we'd see Wisconsin and Anchorage sweeping MSU & CC this past weekend? I would've lost serious money if I took that bet at the beginning of the season... And if you told me that MSU and UM would be hanging out with TECH in the standings at Christmas break, I would have fell out of my chair. The WCHA, without question, is one hell of a conference.

(do we have to worry about UW & AA?) :lol::lol:

Also, four WCHA series last weekend, FOUR SWEEPS. Last year, it seemed to be all splits and ties.

As for worrying about UW and AA, I think the Sioux need to worry about their opponent in every league game this year. It seems like there are going to be a lot of tough games. It's great for the fans and nice to see some of the lower programs crawling up off the mat.

--------------------------------

Did anyone happen to see the discussion on USCHO about this game? Trailing 4-0, LSSU started pulling its goalie midway through the third period. It almost worked, too. Must have been wild.

Second Period

uaf-1 Cam Keith (Curtis Fraser, Kelly Czuy) 4:48

uaf-2 Cory Rask (Ryan Lang) 17:48

uaf-3 Curtis Fraser (Cam Keith, Kelly Czuy) 18:04

Third Period

uaf-4 Ryan Lang (Paul Austin) 7:30

lssu-1 Bo Cheesman (Tim Kreuckl, Dominic Osman) EAG 8:21

uaf-5 Tom Herman (unassisted) GWG ENG 9:01

lssu-2 Derek Smith (Dominic Osman, Colin Nicholson) EAG PPG 12:06

lssu-3 Derek Smith (Jon Booras) EAG 14:21

uaf-6 Curtis Fraser (unassisted) ENG 14:45

lssu-4 Dominic Osman (Trent Campbell) EAG 15:02

uaf-7 Cory Rask (Tom Herman) ENG 19:06

Who would have guessed that we'd see Wisconsin and Anchorage sweeping MSU & CC this past weekend? I would've lost serious money if I took that bet at the beginning of the season... And if you told me that MSU and UM would be hanging out with TECH in the standings at Christmas break, I would have fell out of my chair. The WCHA, without question, is one hell of a conference.

(do we have to worry about UW & AA?) :lol::lol:

I think we have to worry about every game now that we are #1.

As for UW and UAA, I think we'll do fine against UAA. It's UW we have to worry about. We know their goalie's weaknesses, but this year it is getting to the goalie that has been Wisconsin's biggest strength. Their dmen are very very good. And their O has speed. Speed kills folks. I think they MAY not lose another game until we meet. I'm hoping we can survive.

(do we have to worry about UW & AA?) :blush::silly:

Wisco...yes, AA...not so much.

I didn't expect AA to match last year's performance. They were bound to steal a few points here and there, and even a sweep or two. Wisconsin has exceeded my expectations. They are obviously getting used to Eaves' system and we should look forward to a good series with them.