SiouxSports.com Forum

when does fallball start for real?

I for one am looking forward to fall practice, as it will at least give us fans something to watch and talk about. Does everyone else love it, or is it not here until the first game. Maybe even the second game considering the first opponet. When does this football season start for real??

For those of us that don't live in the GF area its a bit of a wait. Kinda hard to get totally engrossed in pratice games from afar. The SD MInes game will be much the same ..kinda like a televised exhibition game.

The ND season starts Sept. 8 against the Vikings. Enough said. (and the Viks thank you for hosting us early in September)

The Vikings game should be fun. I am getting up to speed on the Sky teams. It appears that PSU is starting to rebuild the football program - nice stadium upgrade, plus third largest football budget in the Sky. Great weekly football TV program - it really looks like thing are starting pick up. How do you feel about the QB position PSU lost a great dual threat QB from last years team? Has PSU played well on the road historically? Is the FBS transfer running back the real deal?

I've been a season ticket holder for 22 years (since the Div 2 Pokey Allen days) and I haven't felt as encouraged by the direction of the program as I am now. The last three years have been an amazing journey, and the work that Nigel Burton and his staff has done to resurrect this program is nothing short of amazing. Losing Conner Kavanaugh at QB will not be as painful as we expected because of a couple of things: We will be deeper in the backfield than we've ever been, and yes it appears that DJ Adams, the transfer you mentioned, is the real deal - not only as a power back but he also has very good hands as a receiver. QB this year will be connecting in the air considerably more with the transfer of Colin Ramirez, the kid that broke Aaron Rodgers' records at his JUCO. The Pistol offense will be tweaked to accommodate the skills these kids possess. Add what was considered one of the top recruiting classes at the FCS level, and Viking fans are pumped.

As far as playing on the road, we've been inconsistent for some time. Last year we lost to TCU (of course) and Montana by 6 on the road, but handed EWU a pretty sound thumping. We'll see. I'm just really glad ND is in the mix now - I think it's where you guys belong. Good luck this year!

I've been a season ticket holder for 22 years (since the Div 2 Pokey Allen days) and I haven't felt as encouraged by the direction of the program as I am now. The last three years have been an amazing journey, and the work that Nigel Burton and his staff has done to resurrect this program is nothing short of amazing. Losing Conner Kavanaugh at QB will not be as painful as we expected because of a couple of things: We will be deeper in the backfield than we've ever been, and yes it appears that DJ Adams, the transfer you mentioned, is the real deal - not only as a power back but he also has very good hands as a receiver. QB this year will be connecting in the air considerably more with the transfer of Colin Ramirez, the kid that broke Aaron Rodgers' records at his JUCO. The Pistol offense will be tweaked to accommodate the skills these kids possess. Add what was considered one of the top recruiting classes at the FCS level, and Viking fans are pumped.

As far as playing on the road, we've been inconsistent for some time. Last year we lost to TCU (of course) and Montana by 6 on the road, but handed EWU a pretty sound thumping. We'll see. I'm just really glad ND is in the mix now - I think it's where you guys belong. Good luck this year!

Thanks for the update - I really like your coach - he has a lot of energy and it appears that he relates well to his team. I am sure we will hear more from you as the season approaches post anytime.

I am not sure what to think of the UND team this year. Football always starts in the trenches and I really like the O-line and def front 7. The defensive secondary is unproven which can be troubling given the reputation of the Sky. Thanks for the warm welcome to the Sky - man I cannot believe we are in this conference. I got my season tickets and I am ready to go... If you head east for the game make sure to stop by the tailgating area. You will receive a warm welcome.