SiouxSports.com Forum

when will we be changing everything?

As much as I wanted to have a no vote, it has been showed that those in North Dakota are ready to move on. I was ready before, but the ups and downs make this change even harder. Does any one know when we are changing over. Also I think ALL fans should be able to vote on the name. (ALL FANS ON THE SIOUX WEBSITE IN NORTH DAKOTA OR NOT) What will be done with the championship banners are they switching them so the do not show the sioux on them?

Okay I'm no expert but I've heard as many rumours, old wive's tales and stories to last a lifetime. The way I've read it and understand it - anything that is of historical significance does not have to change including banners. The Ralph will not be closing, the Ralph will not be jackhammering any logos out of the structure. But for example if a piece of carpet wears out in the Ralph with the Sioux logo on it, it will be replaced with carpet that does not have the logo on it. UND fans can wear Sioux logoed clothes to games for as long as they want. It will probably take at least a decade for the fans to move away from shouting "Home of the Sioux" at home games - if ever. I know I won't be replacing my Sioux Pride tailgating van and I will also be using it on site for years to come. It's a historic archive now!

http://siouxpride.com

Okay I'm no expert but I've heard as many rumours, old wive's tales and stories to last a lifetime. The way I've read it and understand it - anything that is of historical significance does not have to change including banners. The Ralph will not be closing, the Ralph will not be jackhammering any logos out of the structure. But for example if a piece of carpet wears out in the Ralph with the Sioux logo on it, it will be replaced with carpet that does not have the logo on it. UND fans can wear Sioux logoed clothes to games for as long as they want. It will probably take at least a decade for the fans to move away from shouting "Home of the Sioux" at home games - if ever. I know I won't be replacing my Sioux Pride tailgating van and I will also be using it on site for years to come. It's a historic archive now!

http://siouxpride.com

Thankfully we will be able to see the logo forever, at least when attending the hockey games. I have enough gear to last a lifetime, and probably will wear it more times than not, as most will. It will slowly fade out over time, but it'll never fade completely. Maybe 30 years from now, maybe. You can't even compare it to the old North Stars gear, which you can still see anywhere you go, so the Sioux symbol really isn't going anywhere.