SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Baseball Team Rallies With 4 in Ninth to Edge Kansas, 12-9

mizzou/sioux

Is kansas a good program or a doormat big 12?

Not certain; haven't been following it regularly. With the loss, KU is 6-6 on the season, having defeated Middle Tennesse State, Bowling Green, Belmont, Mississippi Valley State (twice) and UND (yesterday) 7-4. Jayhawk losses have been to Mississippi State of the SEC (twice,. 1-0 and 3-1), University of Texas at San Antonio, Louisiana-Lafayette , Gonzaga and today to UND 12-9. I listened to a radio broadcast of the game online over the KU radio network by accessing the KU sports website. No registration was necessary and the audio was free. While I'm certain KU's baseball team isn't the caliber of the Jayhawk men's basketball team, KU is still Big 12, a power conference in most sports.

Any win is a good one for UND baseball.............

For what it's worth, Mizzou had to rally twice (UND led early 3-0 and then 7-5 after the top half of the seventh inning), the latter time scoring five runs in the bottom of the seventh at Taylor Field in Columbia, Missouri, to earn a hard-fought 10-7 triumph over the homestanding Tigers. Another valiant effort by UND against another Big 12 team.

For what it's worth, Mizzou had to rally twice (UND led early 3-0 and then 7-5 after the top half of the seventh inning), the latter time scoring five runs in the bottom of the seventh at Taylor Field in Columbia, Missouri, to earn a hard-fought 10-7 triumph over the homestanding Tigers. Another valiant effort by UND against another Big 12 team.

Correction:

" ...to earn a hard-fought 10-7 triumph over the visiting Fighting Sioux."

Correction:

" ...to earn a hard-fought 10-7 triumph over the visiting Fighting Sioux."

You're quite right. What was I thinking? Thanks for correcting. I stand corrected. Nevertheless, UND made quite a game of it against traditionally one of the best college baseball teams in the land.

• 2 weeks later...