SiouxSports.com Forum

Let's be careful out there.

The Sicatoka

The issue is that you seem to be insinuating that the proximity to the alleged abductions in Fargo has something to do with the scene being close to NDSU. Where are you going with that? If you want to be understood, start talking in a straight line.

Factually you are wrong. Northport is not close to NDSU - it's on the north side of town, that's true, but it's over a mile from NDSU in a residential neighborhood.

Heck, the architecture buildling isn't even occupied yet (as far as I know).

Man, do some introspection - in my judgement, you did not link those incidents in Fargo to NDSU to show that even in safe places people need to be careful.

PS

I have no idea what the heck you are talking about when you say "for a guy so worried about conduct of posters, nice leading insult." Who says that I don't like a good insult? Be specific now.

What in hell are you talking about :silly:

Sorry Sprig, I was asking Sicatoka why he felt it necessary to link the alleged attacks in Fargo to NDSU when there was no connection whatsoever.

Back to the topic - if Dru Sjodin's kidnapping shows anything, it isn't that we all have to be paranoid as we walk around town. Grand Forks is a very safe place.

There are positive and negative ways to react to horrible events like Dru's kidnapping. Hysteria and paranoia (like what happened in ND after 9/11 and now this kidnapping) are negative reactions. Searching for Dru, praying for her safe return, and supporting her family are positive reactions.

Sorry Sprig, I was asking Sicatoka why he felt it necessary to link the alleged attacks in Fargo to NDSU when there was no connection whatsoever.

Good God, tony. Get a grip. :silly:

By pointing out that these alleged attacks occured (somewhat) near NDSU, that does nothing but state that these alleged attacks occured (somewhat) near NDSU.

Do you have to read every single reference to the letters N D S U, or the words Bison or Fargo, as a distinct jab at NDSU/Bison/Fargo? You sure are reaching here. :blush:

By pointing out that these alleged attacks occured (somewhat) near NDSU, that does nothing but state that these alleged attacks occured (somewhat) near NDSU.

... and that NDSU students should be aware, just as everyone should be aware.

Heaven forbid me from trying to inform people of something that happened in their area. (Later it turns out that one of those 'attacks' was bogus.)

On to a related subject:

Right after the arrest in the Sjodin case a Level 3 moved to Thief River Falls. Now this meeting goes on Thursday. Can't we find a way to keep these offenders off the streets?

PS - Make special note: I make no comment on city or address.

PPS - I've probably ticked off another poster by mentioning TRF.